I'm still trying to compile our events leading up to Christmas, so for now I'm skipping to the days after. On Saturday we went to Lazer Quest. It was so much fun. Since I couldn't huff it around all the structures, I mostly stayed in one corner. Nathan joined me and we were our own special ops force against anyone that came near us. I enjoyed all the interesting "code names" everyone made up Ü. I thought we chose some original names for ourselves. Nathan chose "N8" and I was "ILUVN8".
Cousin Lindsey, Matt, Ashley, Aubrey, Callie, Nate, Nick (in front)
A copy of our scorecard. The only reason Nate beat me was because he kept shooting me in the back (literally) after we joined forces ÜOn Monday we went to the "zoo" (one of Gma Jo's cousins who lives down the street and has a lot of animals). Cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, three different dogs, peacocks, and more. Deacon could not get enough of the chickens and he kept chasing them, tripping on all the holes, and falling to the ground. I tried not to think of all the chicken poo he was landing in.
On Wednesday (New Years Eve) we drove to Las Vegas. We went out to eat at Famous Dave's with Matt and Ashley and then they showed us a really fun time on The Strip (is that supposed to be capitalized?). I didn't realize they shut down the whole road and you can walk down the middle of the street! I think we have been living in Utah for too long because I was totally blown away by everything I saw!!! There was a girl walking around with no pants on! Ashley and I were going to ask her if she forgot something, but then we saw another girl in a similar outfit. I guess it's the style to wear a shirt with some fishnet stockings and pretend it's a dress Ü. Pretty much everyone was carrying around a pitcher of alcohol. Twice there were people that stopped right in front of us to puke. Luckily we weren't splashed on. We gathered in the street outside the Paris Hotel to watch this guy on a motorcycle jump the replica of the Arc de Triomphe.
While we were watching, this drunk guy was going around offering everyone a sip of his drink. To our surprise, a lot of complete strangers were accepting and all drinking from the same cup! When he got to us, all four of us said no. He kept pressing us and asking why. I pointed to my belly and told him it was because I was pregnant. I said, "Don't you remember? It's your baby after all!" I then told him I needed some money for child support. He got this confused look on his face like he was trying to remember me. Later we watched the water and lights show at the Bellagio.....and witnessed a guy peeing into the water. In front of everyone, without a care in the world! I can't be too hard on him though. Being pregnant I can't hold it very long either. I drank too much water with dinner and since it was going to be a long walk before we found restrooms, I went in the parking garage as soon as we parked (a la Seinfeld). I was in such a hurry to make sure I didn't get caught, that I forgot to reach back and grab my camera from the car. So I have NO pictures of this lovely night : (We ended up leaving early (the pregnant lady in our group could only walk so many miles) so we missed the fireworks. I couldn't believe how many parents were hauling small children around! I don't know...just the environment and being so late at night....I thought it was crazy. We were very glad that Matt's sister Becca watched Deacon for us! Thanks!
Since I didn't take any pictures, is it weird if I instead post some pictures from the last time we went down the strip with Matt and Ashley....a couple days before New Years 2004? Time flies!






5 comments:
oh wow--sounds like a fun time!!! I hear ya on being able to leave the kids--it feels so weird when that happens. Your jaunt down the strip sounds like my trip to New Orleans (pre-Katrina). I was really afraid the world was going to end and I'd be in the one place that would burn first. Saw waaayyyyy more than I wanted to.
That child support comment CRACKED me up!! And a parking garage?! You & Carla can go ANYWHERE!!! =)
Looks like a great time had by all! It was so fun to see you guys! Can't wait to live next to you someday! Come to TX and play!
Oh my gosh Aubs that is hilarious! So many funny things happened all in one night! I wish you had your camera! I saw that guy on the motorcycle break the world record on youtube! That's cool you got to actually see it! The guy peeing in the water at the Bellagio...so funny! Again too bad you didn't have your camera! haha I haven't been to lazer tag in forever! How fun! I love waffle house too! So yummy! Ok that girl who is it...Ashley...looks like Kelly Sherman! What do you think? I totally see it! haha
Awful Wafful isn't so awful, right!
Did you lose your real camera? That is awful! I remember that a relative "christened" Plymouth Rock! Vegas is definitely unique. New Years would increase the wildness exponentially.
Still doesn't beat out you peeing inside the actual movie Theatre & let it run down the slant to the front of the room! Those were good ol days! lol! That is so funny about the child support! lol@
Post a Comment