Monday, January 19, 2009

Some January Stuff...

Nathan and I set a New Year's Resolution to plan a weekly menu for dinner. We've had this goal before, but it usually only lasts a week. So far we've done it 3 weeks in a row. We scour the grocery ads and try to plan around what's on sale. My other resolution is the same as last year: to read the Ensign cover to cover each month and to read a book each month. Last year I only missed the month of September (for reading a book that is. I won't comment on the Ensign Ü).

2008 Reading List

January: Orbit by John Nance
February: Twighlight, New Moon, and Eclipse all by Stephenie Meyer
March: The Innocent Man and The Broker, both by John Grisham
April: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, Post Secret by Frank Warren, Playing for Pizza by John Grisham, The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
May: Atonement by Ian McEwan, The Host by Stephenie Meyer, The Appeal by John Grisham
June: A Girl Name Zippy by Haven Kimmel, Bella at Midnight by Diane Stanley
July: Good Grief by Lolly Winston, The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
August: A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libby Bray, Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
November: By The Pricking of My Thumbs by Agatha Christie
December: The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lady I partner with in Young Womens had her baby on December 30th, so I've been planning our class activities on Tuesdays. One week we filled out "getting to know you" forms and talked about them. That should have been our only activity for the night because girls love to talk about themselves Ü. We also played a funny game later involving rolling dice and trying to open a pack for gum with a knife and fork while wearing oven mits.




The next week I set up a little restaurant in one of the classrooms and dressed up like a server (I even had my old Sonic apron Ü). I made special menus that had to do with service and we worked to pass off some Personal Progress goals. I did end up serving them treats to eat and drink, and boy am I glad I don't have to waitress in real life while being pregnant. Ha,ha, since the night was about service, I decided to give them an opportunity right off the bat and asked for a volunteer to babysit for us that week so we could go to the temple for our anniversary.

Speaking of anniversary.....we did nothing. Ha,ha. I did get Nathan a card, but then I forgot to give it to him. So I'll probably use it for Valentine's Day. The same thing happened at Christmas. We didn't get anything for each other. Well, technically he bought a new pair of shoes around Thanksgiving (for a whopping $8), so we called that his Christmas gift. And I was needing a bathrobe (for Deacon's sake Ü), so that was my present. Ha, ha. I promise we don't need counseling. We're just not good at spending money.

We've changed our moving date from December 2009, to September, to July, to April, and now back to July. I got a *little* too excited & started posting furniture items to for sale online. I wasn't ready for anything to sell so fast, and now my piano is gone :(

4 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

"We're just not good at spending money." haha--that's awesome!!! Too bad more people don't think that way. =)

So you're planning to move back to AZ in July '09??? YAY!!!!!!!!
sorry about your piano--but it IS Utah. You have to expect something like that would go fast!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

oh LOVE your YW activity ideas--so cool!

Brenna said...

DiD you come up with the oven mits idea ir was that online somewhere? Aaaaw sad your PIANA is gone! I give you permission to spend a little $ & buy an even better one when you move back to AZ!

PS that waitress outfit brings back memories of prom when you dressed as a limo driver & drove us all around! Good times!

Carca said...

You are such a fun leader!!!!!