Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Had A Little Accident.....

I don't mean the kind that requires a change of underwear.


Although new underwear is cheaper than this:


I was so excited to get to work
that I bumped the garage while backing up.


(Yes. You read that right. I was excited. But only because on Tuesday I work after the stock market closes and it's so slow that I mostly read blogs. After being gone a week, I had some reading to catch up on).

At least I hit the garage and not another car, because the garage didn't ask for my insurance card.

I've been really self-conscious about driving though. Have you ever had a blemish on the side of your face? Did you tend to stand on a certain side of someone---so that they only see your 'good' side?

Well, I find myself driving on the left side of people, so they don't see the big ol' pimple on the side of my car :(

Maybe I can use fingernail polish remover to buff out the scuffs? It worked for my Sunday Shoes when I was eight...

10 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

AWWWW--bummer! I did EXACTLY that with Jim's little Geo Metro back when we lived in Ogden (we're sounding cooler already huh?!). I was backing out of the garage with my cup of cereal and not only bumped the side of the garage, but spilled my cereal in the car. Luckily it was a teeny tiny scratch. Not like you're honkin' bruiser..j/k. That STINKS!! Oh, and TOTALLY forgot about the finger nail polish trick on shoes--totally works...not sure about cars tho!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

also what's up w' the new format/background--did you decide to mix it up a bit?

Miken Harding said...

Least I hit something moving!!! Good job:) Is there a Roberto up there? He can fix it cheap!

Justina Selim said...

Bummer! I am glad that your garage didn't ask for your insurance card, that would have been creepy!

Mama J said...

Dont look at Me! I wasnt there this time! ;)

P.S. I love the comment you left me about the Whale! I laughed so hard. I want you to be my neighbor again!

Gates & Tausha said...

ahhah...i mean, i'm so sorry. :) i once backed into a parked car, so i feel your pain, although i wasn't smart enough to think of driving on the other SIDE of people so they woulndn't notice evidence of the "moment." you're hilarious...i'm glad you were EXCITED for work. that rocks. :) speaking of nail polish, i impulsively put nail polish on a nylon run for my play costume last week, and then realized it looked like blood, cause it was red on white tights. what does one do then? make sure you tell everyone you see "it's just nail polish." so as to not create awkwardtisms?

Mom Gavin said...

Awww, so sad. It looks like the eyeball is hanging out. My first scrape was in my grandpa's pickup truck. I was backing up $ turning and didn't realize the front end was swing around....into a metal post. Uggg.

Paige said...

Do we need to make another funeral program... for Wanda this time?

PS: you disabled posting on that entry about George, but I totally remember doing Happy Notes in Culbertson's class! :)

Mom Gavin said...

So do you need to update the March 10 posting about Georgia?

Jami said...

Aubrey, I'm feeling for you right now. I too have swiped a car on our house when we lived in Los Angeles. Lawrence had just gotten a new truck only TWO months before and it had big old wheel wells on the sides so I refused to pull it into the garage. Well after two months of chickening out pulling it in, I decided to just woman up and just do it. Yah, just as Lawrence was walking into the garage from the house, he got to witness me scratching his car. YIKES. He was really nice about it, but I felt really stupid and really bad.

THEN (and yes, there is another time), a month after he'd gotten another new car (truck gone and a year and a half later) I was leaving to go to a baptism and was backing out of the garage. I was totally distracted and forgot Lawrence parked behind me (99% of the time I leave he's not home) and TOTALLY hit his passenger side door!!! My car was fine (whew... ha ha), but his was scratched AND you could no longer open the passenger door. He again was nice about it, but I'm sure he was secretly mad.

THEN (another then), when I was grocery shopping a couple of months ago, I unloaded the cart at Fry's and didn't want to walk all the way to the cart return with the car running and my kids in it.... So I just parked the cart in the space next to me and jumped in. I looked back to start backing up and heard this weird really load noise. I was confused and thought maybe it was some of the groceries in the back or I left something on the top of the car??? when I suddenly realized my cart had rolled backwards into the passenger side of my car and TOTALLY scratched it from the back of the car all the way to the mirror on the side. YIKES!

So I too now park my car on the opposite side so people can't see it. Great minds think a like. HA HA.