Forgive me Blogger, for I have sinned: it has been 13 days since my last post....
Well, kinda. I read that BlogSpot lets you do future posts, so I set it up to automatically post on my brother's birthday while we were out of town. I showed it to him while we were down there---he didn't even blush at that last picture!
I can't believe our week of fun in the sun is over, here's a recap of the first half:
We left on Sunday & drove through Page, Arizona. It took 3 stops and 10 hours. Nathan packed an awesome lunch for us to eat while Deac stretched his legs.

We stayed with the Hunts during the first half of the week. On Monday, we walked to the park with Deacon. He seemed more interested in the landscaping than the playground equipment.


Nathan worked hard demolishing all the tile and the tub in his parents bathroom, so they rewarded him with dinner at Memphis Best BBQ. Once his dad found out that I helped by removing the baseboards, then I was invited too Ü. I don't know what job Deacon did to deserve the meal, but he sure attacked those ribs!

Love this shot of Deacon and Grandma Jo

Two-Headed-Baby-Monster

On Tuesday we went to a time share presentation at the Legacy Resort. It's normally a 90 minute presentation, but Nathan told the guy we weren't interested in buying...that we just wanted the free gifts...so it turned into a 19 minute presentation. We used the extra time to go to Last Chance, I don't know whose style has changed in the last five years (mine or the store's) but it's not the thrill it used to be : (
Well, kinda. I read that BlogSpot lets you do future posts, so I set it up to automatically post on my brother's birthday while we were out of town. I showed it to him while we were down there---he didn't even blush at that last picture!
I can't believe our week of fun in the sun is over, here's a recap of the first half:
We left on Sunday & drove through Page, Arizona. It took 3 stops and 10 hours. Nathan packed an awesome lunch for us to eat while Deac stretched his legs.
We stayed with the Hunts during the first half of the week. On Monday, we walked to the park with Deacon. He seemed more interested in the landscaping than the playground equipment.
Nathan worked hard demolishing all the tile and the tub in his parents bathroom, so they rewarded him with dinner at Memphis Best BBQ. Once his dad found out that I helped by removing the baseboards, then I was invited too Ü. I don't know what job Deacon did to deserve the meal, but he sure attacked those ribs!
Love this shot of Deacon and Grandma Jo
Two-Headed-Baby-Monster
On Tuesday we went to a time share presentation at the Legacy Resort. It's normally a 90 minute presentation, but Nathan told the guy we weren't interested in buying...that we just wanted the free gifts...so it turned into a 19 minute presentation. We used the extra time to go to Last Chance, I don't know whose style has changed in the last five years (mine or the store's) but it's not the thrill it used to be : (
Wednesday I took Deacon to a pool party at my parent's house. It was fun to hang out with my sisters Carla, Monica, and Brenna. We missed Chanda and Paige, but they don't update their blogs, so I won't put hyperlinks....hahaha! Deacon had fun with his cousins. I got an action shot of him sneaking carrots off one of their plates:
Who steals carrots?!? (cute Hawaiian outfit courtesy of Callie)(L to R): Deacon, Madison, Maci, Brynn.
Why yes, I did steal these next two pictures from Monica's blog.
Thanks for posting a 'decent' picture of me Monica
(and I don't mean that in a self-deprecating way Ü)
I had fun going under water and putting all my hair over my face (like Cousin It) and pretending I was a Sea Monster. The kids weren't too scared though. Which I'm glad, I didn't want them to wet their pants...in the pool.
Nathan spent Wednesday with his mom, that woman can do anything! She showed him how to reupholstered the motorcycle seat he brought from Utah. While visiting, I witnessed her making her own swimsuit! She also mended one of my brassieres, and altered some PJs for me! Even my sisters mention that if they read one her daughter's blogs, they always say something like, "Mom visited....and now I have new curtains." She is amazing!
Well, I was going to title this post "Arizona in a Nutshell'' but it's too long, so I'll journal the rest later.



13 comments:
Looks like so much fun! The trip probally would have been a lot better stopping by my house! But hey, we all can dream big right??? J/k I understand how it is traveling with children and hubbies!!!
I was wondering where you have been! You are so good usually about updating! Looks like way fun trip. I am way impressed that you guys packed a lunch for your road trip! I take any excuse I can to eat out and maybe that's why we will die before we pay of student loan debt! haha!
Those are some great pictures of Deacon, I love the picture of Deacon and Mom.
love it...love it...SWIMMING (need to do that)...MOM-IN-LAW-EVERYTHING-MAKER-LADY...FAMILY...AZ! :) all beautiful. :) love it. :) and to answer your commentions (comment questions)...hypothetically, the "pattern" is secret. jk...it's like way easy i'm ashamed to make it seem so cool...it's a PLACEMAT sewed together...THATS IT! :) let me know if you have any questions if you try it (hypothetically). AND...no...no recording studio...we have a little recorder board here that gates got like 3 years ago...and YES...i have done other recordings...some of songs I'VE written, others similar to the one on my blog! :) yee haw! k...that covers the commentions. :) happy day back in UTAH!
It was soooo fun seeing you! I'm glad you guys had a nice trip & returned home safely. That pic of Deacon stealing carrots looks like he's blocking me strategically--though I am wearing a swimsuit! =) Also, you're welcome for not showing a pic of you in all your chestage glory. I wanted to keep my blog 'G' rated...unlike SOME people! =) love ya!
oh, and it looks like all the cousins are saddlin' up for a 'hot cup of Joe' at the counter with that honkin' huge coffee maker looking thing. =)
We had so much fun having you here.
Come again soon. I guess it is our turn to visit you. It is quite a shock to open the jon door and have no tiolet there. Some habits die hard and we just have to laugh when we open the door. Now for the renovation. "Come back Nathan". We are off to Hawaii in the AM. Love you.
Sounds like a blast! Hope your feeling better. Did you get picture of the bathroom?
ok i just have to say that in my dream last night: your sis brenna had a birthday party in idaho...we knew heather would be going by bus, and i didn't know WHO else would be going, so i set out by foot w/ a backpack heading toward idaho...and who do i see on my way? YOU...about to get on a train...so we went on the train heading to brenna's party...and a skanky linsey lohan video was playing and my dad turned it off. (guess my dad heard about the party...and my mom...cuase she applauded my dad for being brave to turn it off). nice prophetic dream huh? :) ahhaha
Love the AZ post! I'm glad you had fun but I am jealous we couldn't have gone too! Ya good job Nathan for packing a lunch for the road! I never do that and we always end up spending so much on food and gas of course! Next time we travel I am gonna call you and have Nathan pack us a lunch for the road k! I'm sure he won't mind! haha Love all the pics! That swimming pool looks heavenly! K Aubrey did you find out about the 4th of July weekend? When are your parents gonna be there? We wanna stay with you guys so let me know k!
that is the cutest two headed monster I ever saw! Aubs, you are such a good aunt playing in the pool with the kids, while the rest of us sunbathed on the sides:) My favorite was the pirate peg leg (your foot shoved into a drinking cup) and your polygamous hairdo...it was great to see you I hope you are feeling better...well gotta go, I am going to see if Mama Hunt will make me a swimming suit, too:)
I do TOO update my blog!!!
oh and I definitely remember THAT swimsuit... maybe mama Hunt can modest-ify it for you ;D
Let your mother-in-law know that she can swing on by my house anytime and whip up some curtains for me.... My birthday is June 17th so it would be a total surprise if she just happend to stop by and throw some up... Oh, and I really like neutrals.... Not that I'm hinting or anything.
Post a Comment