Sunday, May 4, 2008

April Abridgment


April is the month, that my boys came down from Heaven.
Baby Deacon has turned one, and Nate turned twenty-seven.

A student at the hospital, bought Ben Folds tickets for a date,
But he had to go with Nathan, 'cause he asked his girl too late.
So Nathan sprang for dinner and they shared an ice cream sundae.
It crossed his mind much later, that last part seemed quite gay.

He went on a four-man fishing trip, and a lesson they did learn:
With no women to pack sunscreen, they all received a burn.

He also had exciting news, several letters from Weber State.
Acceptance to four new programs--so now what is our fate?
He's leaning towards Nuke Med, and another year I'll pine.
But the end is getting closer---Arizona in Two-Thousand Nine!

Deacon has a new craving, eating raw potatoes!
But him sneaking in the pantry is the last of all my woes---
I found him splashing in the toilet (I didn't shut the bathroom door).
Nate sought to reassure, saying, "Don't worry, it's happened before."
Those are not the 'comforting' words, a mother wants to hear.
Multiple forays in the toilet...but he barely turned one year!?!?

11 comments:

Carca said...

haha...the best poem yet!!!!!! We laughed about Nathan's date and deac's toilet training:)

Richard and Joleen said...

Deacon is building up for the raw foods he'll enjoy (eggs for extra protein, sushee. Nathan loved butter the best. Raw potato is the first step. He knows already. So excited to see ya. love you

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Glad Nathan had fun on his date with his errr friend. =) What's this about being accepted to FOUR programs at Weber??? I need more details--CONGRATS NATE! love you guys & CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR VISIT! =)

Mama J said...

Loved it!!! Last picture is Halarious! I thought it was a pooh pooh from the toilet! That is so crazy that he likes raw potatoes!

Justina Selim said...

Gotta love when they find the toilet. I found Aiden one day dipping his popsicle in the toilet, mmmmm.

Jami said...

I love all of your month end poems. I aspire to one day be able to do the same. :0) (And I'm totally hoping "aspire" is a real word. HA HA)

And the best part about Nathan's "date", I mean, night out with his buddy, was that there was beer for over 21. Sweet. I'm so glad they put that on the tickets 'cuz I totally wouldn't go if they didn't. HA. :0)

Miken Harding said...

Fun...love how creative you are! Way to go Nate-your looking great too by the way!

Nichole Christensen said...

Sadly, no. I wish we were moving to Flagstaff! And 27 Dresses is good! I watched it twice. The story was interesting and I really like James Marsden's character. :)

Nichole Christensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gates & Tausha said...

GOOD this comment section isn't BLOCKED!!! (so I shall say here...farewell to George K Stanza...I add my sympathy to your sweet cards...so many loved you!)..hahah...and AWESOME APRILNESS!! IT was a FUN MONTH for nate...concert, fishing, hangin out with deacon in the toilet...hahah...SO funny. keep an eye on nate...maybe his "funny" recipes include raw potatoes...deacon see, deacon do. :) or not...he's just funny like that all on his own! :) ahah..love it.

Anonymous said...

so i was thinking by the end of the year i need to come visit all my family members.. so i can fly more often and come see my little ones he is getting so big,. love ya guys.. xoxoxox