Warning: long journal entry Ü
Tuesday:
I had the perfect April Fool's joke for Nathan. His classes were canceled and he was anxious to get his motorcycle registered first thing that morning. I decided to move his bike out of the garage and hide it so he'd think it was stolen. Well, the bike was too heavy and I was afraid of dropping it. So, I thought of a different idea at work.I've always told Nate that I want to look up the accounts of celebrities who invest with us, but my company has a strict privacy policy (if you promise not to tell, I had one brush with fame when I opened an account for this celebrity). She even sent me some autographed CDs.

Anyway, the joke...I called Nathan from one of the conference rooms (so a strange number showed on his caller ID). I told him I was in the HR office because they did a random audit on all the computers. I told him I was fired---I even managed some tears and sobbing. He was so sweet in consoling me for a few minutes before saying, "This isn't some April Fool's Joke is it?"
It was a quick and simple joke. Nothing like the elaborate hoax that my sister Monica pulled on her husband--->It. Was. Awesome.
Wednesday:
Thursday, or "How To Plant An Herb Garden Day":
You'll need a pot to plant the herbs in. If you happen to have an old crock pot lying around (maybe that isn't working because, I don't know---your husband let your son break it), then that will work too.
Make sure you break the prongs off the cord, so your son doesn't ever try to plug it in. Check back tomorrow for herbs. Just kidding. These aren't my pet Sea Monkeys...they take a little longer to grow!
Friday:
Saturday:
We watched conference in the morning and then I had to work in the afternoon. Later that night Nathan got a much needed haircut.
Before (Why am I always posting half-nekkid pictures of my husband?)
Nathan pretending to be a tough guy...
...but we know the truth Ü
Like Father, Like Son
On Sunday, we all watched conference. Although SOMEBODY fell asleep...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I also sewed some pajama pants. I know, I know...planting a garden, buying food storage, and now sewing my own clothes! Hahahaha. Actually, I bought this material and pattern to make Nathan & I matching PJs....back in September of 2006! I think I bought the "Boy" size, because I made size XL and they turned out too small.



10 comments:
I still can't get over the "difference in Deacon" since the haircut. You are becoming very proficient. I likes Paige's comment about Vegas & babies....
I am going tomorrow to buy cases of food from Smith's. I love the herb garden idea. You have Birthday week coming up in your house, have fun.
LOVE your dear diary posts. GREAT April Fool's joke, cool herb garden idea, give me your food storage shopping tips, the goggles made me LAUGH--so true! Also, Deacon is so big, love the daddy son matching haircuts. It's quite surprising that a sewing, gardening, food storaging Molly homemaker such as yourself is also into posting voyeuristic photos of your hubby, but to each her own. =)
wow you are quite the homemaker!Loved the goggles! Your boys haircuts turned out great and you pimped your blog...looks good. We will be comong to your house to eat when times get hard!
Like the new background :)
And good idea about the herb garden... I love the Target $1 section hahah believe it or not i get a lot of my home "decor" from there!
ah....nice APRIL FOOLS!!! did he laugh, or was he like "YOU!" :) good job with the fake-sobs! I'm impressed at all you did in 1 week! FULFILLING!!!! cute eye-shot goggle pics...good thing the ups man didn't discover the bomb!!! :) ahha...hate that. good luck with the herbs...SOO fun...mine are taking a while to grow...but the cilantro's KICKIN!
Wow...that's awesome! i'm coming to your house for food! Great april fools! I just told Phil I was prego again....that was a kick!
Man, you're making me look bad, Aubrey! You've done everything this week that I want to get done this year. What a show off. HA HA HA. I SOOOO want to learn how to sew pajama pants. I want to make matching ones for my little family for every holiday and be that "lame" mom who makes my kids wear them even when they're 15 and think I'm a total moron. Yah, totally looking forward to it.
And the goggles totally made me laugh out loud too!! Oh, you're a hoot! :0)
I wish i was cool like you Ms. Food Storage. Well... At least we'll know of a place to go when everything starts going under. Your boy is so dang cute i wish i could just squeeze him till his eye's pop out!!!
I love the new post! All the new pics are great! Good job with the April Fool's joke! That was a good one for sure! Love your little garden and the pajamas too! Funny how you bought the material so long ago! The goggles are hot girl! You should wear them more often! Deacon is a stud running around now! Isn't it so fun now chasing him everywhere!
Post a Comment