Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives....OR.....I found a new saying to measure our time together: Like layers off the lint roller, so go the years of our lives. Let me back up: even though we were only engaged for 29 days, Nathan & I somehow found time to register for wedding gifts at Target®.
We thought it would be a good joke to register for a lint roller.
Someone thought it would be a good joke to actually buy it for us.
Well, we've put it to good use. Between work & church, we use it at least weekly. Which is why I am surprised it has lasted this long. But on Sunday, February 24th, 2008....1868 days after we were married, it rolled it's last piece of lint. This is all that is left:
Hey, it lasted longer than the crock pot we received as a gift!
So, I'm thinking, this is a pretty good way to measure time. Decades from now, when we're old and gray, people will ask, "How long have you been married?" We'll gaze lovingly into each other's eyes and say, "Oh, about 9 1/2 lint rollers." Wow...when I put it that way, it's a really long time....Deacon will be more than 8 lint-rollers-old by then!
On a side note, Deacon came and swiped it off the desk while I was taking this picture. So it will last even longer in our household as he finds other uses for it.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Like Sands Through The Hour Glass....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
hahaha--such sweet married bliss! I actually broke down and bought myself a lint roller for the first time this past year. I'd been using packing tape up until then to "save money". I finally figured out--dude, good packing tape is expensive!
hahaha....i've been waiting for the day someone would discover the obvious romance in the lint roller! that lasted FOREVER!!! you were engaged for 29 days?! do tell the story. :)
Your so crazy!!! :) He's getting so big! I hear he's ahead of Charlie in the walking race...B will be next then Charlie:)
How romantic. Sheets of the lint roller......they could tell a lot of stories I'm sure. You kids are great. love ya!!!! You make us laugh.
I like to judge our years of happiness by rolls of toliet paper. 782 rolls later and still happy in love.
What a quirky sense of humor to put a lint roller on the wedding registry. And someone else must have a similar sense of humor.
Post a Comment