Friday, February 29, 2008

February Findings


This month we had one "extra" day,
And still it seemed to get away.
I see another poem is due,
So here it is--our monthly review:



















Nathan's done well with his exercise plan,
Twenty pounds lighter! I'm proud of my man.
Our poor neighbor, Laurel--she had a backache.
Nathan decided to make her some cheesecake.
It seems other neighbors have since "found out."
Now their backs are hurting, what's that all about? : )





















I've finished a book that I'm embarrassed to name.
It's not a trashy novel, but I'm abashed all the same.
Is it due to the fact that it's written for youth?
Is that why I feel so strange and uncouth?
I read it at the library and thought it was great!
As did the girl behind me........yes, she was eight.


















Deacon's getting sassy & it's starting to show,
He shakes his head fast, and says, "No-No!"
He likes to make forts, in every small nook;
And drag in his blanket, a toy, or a book.
He's starting to wave and can barely say "Hi."
His grin is a drug that money can't buy.















This month we sold our house near the college.
The home that taught Nate his remodeling knowledge.
I love 'Before/After' photos, so they're here in a link,
Nathan did most the work, right down to the sink.
But he wants a disclaimer to go with these pics:
"It was my first job & there's things I would fix"
We moved from this house almost 2 years ago,
But went back one last time, to say 'bye to old Joe.



















Nathan with our former neighbor, Joseph

8 comments:

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

I really need the monthly recap. I had no idea you sold the house too. I should try calling once in a while.
Keep up the great work Nathan 20 lbs is awesome.

Miken Harding said...

WooHOO....yeah for the house, Aubrey you got yourself a good home maker! Great job on the weight! You should make Deacon do push ups too!:)

Gates & Tausha said...

holy MACKEROLE!!! or TROUT! those before and after pics are VERY IMPRESSIVE...i felt like i was watching TLC...so thanks casue I miss that channel with our cable gone. :) AMAZING...FUN MONTH...and you are SOOO seroiusly poem-talented. i love your creativity aubrey...it makes me sobb-rey.

Justina Selim said...

I checked out the remodeling pics and I was very impressed! You guys made that place way cute! We would not even now how to start or think about doing something like that! Very impressive!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Like I've said before--if I weren't already related to you, I'd definitely WANT to be! GREAT job on the house, the literary choices, the poetry, the weight loss, the cute kid--oh, I could just go on and on!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

LOVE the time capsule idea!

You guys are sooo cool--i'm drooling over here! haha--didn't know what to put--but wanted to sound REALLY lame. did it work? =)

seriously--both Jim & I are WAY impressed with all you did on that house!!! way to go!

Carca said...

Great poem...sad you sold that house...we had fun staying there and making apple crisp from the apple tree in your backyard...but, I am happy for you to have sold it!

Nilda Noel said...

I love this book...and the next...and the next...and hopefully the next. Most everyone I know, of all ages, loves this book. Don't be embarrassed. I know a married lady that sent out wedding announcements (as a joke) to her friends with her and Edward's name on them.