Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pre-natal Massage and a ManLY-Pedi

This picture is about a month old.
So I've pretty much doubled in size since then (at least I feel like I have).

Nathan has been taking great care of me this pregnancy. I was having terrible back pain last month so he made me an appointment for a prenatal massage. I thought it would be a table with a hole in it for my belly. I have been craving...CRAVING...lying down on my stomach. That is how I always sleep and haven't been able to do it for about 6 months. Apparently the hole-in-the-table thing is not good for the back, so they do the massage with a bunch of "pillows" propping me up. And when they say pillows, they mean big awkward blocks of foam. I don't want to give any mental pictures.....but a big, nekkid, pregnant lady trying to balance on a little massage table while trying to keep these blocks from slipping out from under her knees, belly, neck, etc., and keeping the sheet over her....it must have been a sight. TMI?

This month, Nathan gave me a manly-pedi. I call it a manLY-pedi, because he's a man who gave me a pedicure Ü. First he soaked my feet in some warm water with soft soap. Then he took off my old polish and pushed my cuticles back. He filed down my nails and picked a new coat of polish to apply. What a sweetie!

The funniest part was when he was down on the floor doing my feet, he looks to his right and pretends to be gossiping with an imaginary coworker in a foreign language. It was hilarious.
He deserves two thumbs up!

Mmmmm....pregnancy craving for sausage links Ü

9 comments:

Miken Harding said...

That's funny! Way to be talk to imaginary people Nate! You definately have a great husband!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh, you look GREAT Aubs! I'm glad you've been getting a little pampering. Love the two 'thumbs' up, and I seriously LAUGHED at the thought of Nate pretending to talk to someone next to him--that is soooo true. Too funny, what a great guy!

You're getting so close....can't wait to see you all and that cute little girl on the way! =)

Brandi said...

WOW! I'm seriously impressed with his pedicure skills. I get WAY more nail polish all over my toes, nowhere near the nail! :)

Mama J said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your Budah Bump and your glowing beautiful face with some yummy sausage toes on the SIDE! Ur hot! Tell yourself that EVERYDAY! I used to stand in the front of the mirror naked and instead of sobbing... I would say that simple saying, start rubbing my belly and then.. Start dancing. Bad mood turned happy in minutes! Just dont watch ur thighs jiggle... Takes happy thoughts away! Maybe not ur thighs.. but mine.. YEAH!!! Okay, I'm done! I love you and CANT WAIT to see pictures of little Jana, after she emerges outta ur beautiful Uterus! YAY for Uterus's!!! YAY!!!

hdawgy said...

haha I love your 2 thumbs up! YOur belly is so cute and you look great! I bet that was so nice to get a massage! I need one and I'm not pregnant! How nice of Nathan to give you a pedi! I'm sure he scored major brownie points from you! haha I'm so excited for you to have a little baby girl!

Paige said...

Haha Nate it too funny--makes me think of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine takes George's dad to the pedi place, you know what I'm talking about? Anywho, props to N8 for being a way good hubby :) You look way cute in that pic by the way

Justina Selim said...

You look too cute! What a nice hubby to give u a pedi. I love the fake gossiping, haha.

Brenna said...

HAHA N8 is hilar! THat made me laugh out loud! THey totally do that & I like to pretend that I know what they are saying and sometimes I think I fool them...but most likely not haha!

Jami said...

HAHAHAHA! LOVE the gossiping!!! Nice touch, Nate! And you know they're talking about you when they're doing that, why else are they using their "code" language? Next time I'm going to bring a spy that speaks their language to tell me all the crap they said. HAHAHAHA