Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the 6th Day of Christmas.....We Made Christmas Cookies

We made Christmas Cookies for Nathan's Home Teaching families. We did sugar cookies and decorated them with different colors. I only had Halloween/Fall cookie cutters, so we used a leaf cookie cutter and after the green frosting it looked just like a Christmas Tree. We also made snicker doodles, but instead of sugar/cinnamon, we dipped them in red or green jello. I think my mom invented that and it makes them look festive and taste soooo good.
Turns out, Nate's HT partner already bought cookies for the families (how often does that happen?---both guys taking care of treats?). So I ended up taking the cookies to my Visiting Teaching ladies Ü.
It took a few tries, but we showed Deacon how to roll them. He would roll a cookie, place it on the pan, then pick it up and eat it Ü. He'd make this cute "rarara" noise while rolling. We think he was trying to say "roll roll roll".

5 comments:

Richard and Joleen said...

Yay Deacon. Cookie dough is the best. love you, granma jo
What a thoughful home teacher. Good job! Ü

Brandi said...

He's getting biiiig! So cute.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh you guys are so cute!! Love that Deacon was such a 'helper' =)

hdawgy said...

Aubs those cookies look divine! Can I have some? You didn't post about AZ! What the heck! I'm sad we didn't get to see you guys while we were there! Are you feeling better now?

Mama J said...

I just want to take all those sweet delicious balls and stuff them in my mouth!!! Wait... that didnt sound to good! HA! Anyways, looks like you had a FABU Christmas! How is Fetus feeling?!?