Sunday, June 29, 2008

Paige Comes to Visit!

My sister, Paige, flew in for a visit on Wednesday. What did people do before cell phones? I forgot mine at home and had NO idea how I would find her at the airport without it. I was anxious and didn't see her anywhere (it didn't help that I couldn't remember if she was blonde or brunette). I circled for 35 minutes before I finally spotted her:

Not an actual photo from her arrival, for dramatization purposes only.

I was impressed with how light she packed---Just one pink purse!
Then I did some math:
1 Fashion Queen + 4 days in UT = More than 1 bag.

She was late because her bag didn't make it on her flight. Luckily, they promised to deliver it to my house for free within four hours. As we drove I apologized for the heat (90 degrees). She raised an eyebrow saying it was 118 degrees when she flew out of Phoenix. Then she said, "Is that.....snow?"
We left the airport and I took her to the grocery store. I told her to pick out ANYTHING she wanted to eat for the week. I had two purposes in doing that: #1) Being a college student whose diet consists of oatmeal and applesauce, she needed a home cooked meal; and #2) I'm hoping that she will spread the word about how awesome "Hotel Hunt" is so that more Arizonanites will come to visit Ü. She is one diverse girl---we purchased food for Thai Night, Italian Night, and Mexican Night.

On Thursday, we went to a water park in a neighboring town.

Paige in the wave pool
(center of the photo, yellow tube, with her arms out)

I love this precious picture of Deac and Nate
Deacon had NO fear! He kept trying to swim towards the deep end!


Then he crashed on the way home.

On Friday, I woke Paige up early for a 3 mile walk/hike. I hope that doesn't dissuade anyone else from visiting. There's a perfect shaded path that winds behind Lagoon (local amusement park). Apparently Paige has been living in Tucson without a car too long because she drove the stroller right into a tree Ü

Things we saw while on our walk/hike:



On Friday, Nathan and I crashed a wedding reception at The Heritage Gardens in Sandy. Luckily Paige knew the bride.
Paige, Amy, Jerrick

The reception was gorgeous, the food was decadent, and I had to whisper to Paige, "She knew she could have it at the church for free, right?"




That night she watched Deacon so Nate and I could go to the movies. We saw the new Indiana Jones flick. Saturday came too soon and we had to send her back to AZ




I had to take a picture of an outfit that only Paige could pull off:

Please note the gold "utility" belt....
....that matches the gold shoes.
As I helped her pack to go home, I counted FOUR purses! When I asked her, she said, "Well yeah, one for each day I was here." Ü

I pulled a Dumb and Dumber when I dropped her off at the airport: "Goodbye my love!"


7 comments:

Carca said...

That's it...I am booking a flight RIGHT NOW! Actually, us sisters should watch for some cheap tickets and do a girls weekend retreat up there! Paige looks great...she has totally changed her style....no more centennial running gear!?!? What is up with that...is she in love or something???

Justina Selim said...

Looks like a fun visit! I always loved when Jess would come and visit! You and your sisters all look so much alike!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

SO FUN!!!! It's making me itch for some sister time! (i was already feeling it, but this post makes me need it even more!). Looks like you guys had a great time...and OH HOW I WISH i could come stay at the Hunt Hotel! =)

hdawgy said...

Now it's our turn to come visit the Hunt Hotel this weekend! I'm excited! Looks like you guys had alot of fun with Paigy Poo! She looks so dang cute! I bet it was nice to have a free babysitter for a night! I cant believe how fancy that wedding reception looked! Probably way expensive too! That water park looks like fun! How much is it? I think Corban would love that! We might have to hit that up this weekend! Did you find out any fun places to go for the 4th?

Gates & Tausha said...

oh my gosh she is TOO cute!!! (of course---she's your SIS!!)...how fun...you WEDDING crashers you..i would NEVER!! :) haha...glad you had a blast...my sis is the purse type too...i like the idea, just can't handle the changing stuff in and out part...whelming!! :)

Miken Harding said...

Visits are the best! We can't wait to see you guys next week! REady or not!

Mama J said...

I cant believe how CUTE Ms. Paige is! What happened to the yellow bathing suite? How fun to have a sis. come visit. One day, i would like to visit you! :)