Saturday, May 24, 2008

Arizona, Part II

On Thursday, we saw The Island (not the movie). The island is in the middle of a private lake that is in the backyard of a family friend. That is where Nathan proposed to me. Allow me to reminisce:

It was December 11th, 2002, and I remember taking a paddle boat from the dock out to the island while Nate sang, "When the moon hits your eye....." like a gondolier. When we arrived to the island that day, there was a present wrapped & waiting for me. It was a new set of scriptures (my old set was in my car when it was stolen) and it was engraved with a new last name: Aubrey Hunt. Inside was a scripture chase that ended with Nathan popping the big question.

Romantic, right? And yet when I told Nathan I wanted to go back to the island for a nostalgic visit, he was like, "Why? It's covered in duck poop."

Glad to see he hasn't lost his romantic ways....

I tried to use Picasa technology to overlay pictures of us so that it looks like one picture. But it just turned into a picture of a giant woman next to her husband. Oh yeah, and they have twins.

Deacon was thiiiiis close to picking up a dead field mouse on the way over to the cows.

Then we headed over to the Gavin's to spend the second half of the week. Deacon got to ride with Grandpa on the golf cart while Nathan grilled up a special birthday dinner for Weston. Nate snapped a picture of Deacon and me taking a nap (we're still trying to get over the jet lag and the hour difference between AZ and UT).

That night we ditched the kid and went to the movies! We did a "double feature" which is where you see two movies in a row (of course you pay for both of them.....Ü). Anyway, Nathan usually isn't a fan of the double feature because he doesn't have time to 'digest' the first movie and ends up getting the plot mixed up with the second movie. He was okay this time though, because he said he would never confuse a chick flick like Baby Mama with a manly film like Iron Man.

Friday was a pool party with just the three of us. Nathan seemed a little down though. When I asked him why, he said, "I know it's his first time in a pool, but I really expected him to love it so much that he would just take off paddling all on his own." High expectations? Naw....

I love his serious face in this picture:

Chanda and her son Treyton came over Friday night and we all watched a movie.

On Saturday, Nate and I went to an Indian restaurant for lunch. After that....I don't really remember anything until Sunday evening. I know it was not food poisoning, but I was sick. I vaguely remember Nathan nudging me away from the sink and telling me NOT throw up there because, "the chunks are too hard to get out." He took good care of me Ü

Wait a minute......I threw up the last time we went to Arizona (but at the Hunt's house). Maybe our parents have Munchausen Syndrome and they are keeping me sick so that we never go back to Utah? Ü

On Sunday, Nathan and Deacon went to church with his parents and stayed for lunch.

His sister Carrie also came over and she is an excellent photographer so I borrowed these pics off her blog (I'll return them when I'm done Ü)

Sunday night we had a joint birthday party at the Gavin's for Weston, Nathan, and Deacon Ü. It was funny to sing Happy Birthday three times in a row while quickly switching out the numbered candles. The '1' in 17 for Weston was changed to a '2' to make it a 27 for Nathan, and back to a '1' all by itself for Deac.

I had a blast playing Electronic Monopoly with my sisters Chanda and Brenna and their husbands. Deacon had fun following Carla's kids around and pretending like he could keep up with them :)

Monday we drove home and Deacon was restless. I had to think of creative ways to distract him...so I let him braid my hair:

He always laughs because it tickles him
(don't try to look up my nostril, 'kay?)

It's so hot in Arizona, I don't know how we're going to move back there next year. Maybe we can convince our combined 14 siblings and both sets of parents to move here instead!

10 comments:

Mom Gavin said...

Finally, a shout-out for the Gavin side...
I love the collage of 9 pixs together...how do you do it?
Loved your visit. Sorry you were sick. Deacon is such a cutie!!!

Justina Selim said...

Cute engagement story! Aiden loves to try and keep up with older kids too. It's so fun to watch!

Miken Harding said...

Great post! Lots of fun pictures. HAve you seen the blog books you can have your blog convereted to a book? Way cool. We are doing that for Phil's mom for her birthday. See you next month!

Mama J said...

Ahhh I remember that day... When he proposed! YAY!!! So cute. Sorry you were sick! Actually umm no... that whole stopping in flag, not saying hi, yeah took all sympathy away from Jana to Aubrey! SUre you were sick, or was it MORNING SICKNESS???? I LOVE the picture of you and Nathan and the twins!

hdawgy said...

Ya I love the pic of you and Nate with the twins! They are identical thats for sure! The one of you and Deacon sleeping is adorable too! Too bad you were sick on vacation!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

love your superimposed twins pic! =) How sweet you got to go to the island. Oh, and has it occured to you that maybe your siblings have Munchausen Syndrome and we're doing all we can to keep you too?! =) It sure was fun to see you!

Carca said...

It was sooo great to see you all!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey girl.. how are you.. havent been on this blog thing in awhile.. you guys look so cute.. i want a bosch too.. i dont even have a mixer i bake cookies by hand its so hard.. lol.. well love ya wedding is in july 6 7 8 i think.. monday afternoon.. lol

Jami said...

I have to admit, I did look up your nostrils, only because you pointed it out, and you're totally clear. No stragglers or anything. :0)

And I'm with Jana, I think your case of the vomits was morning sickness. Don't be shy, Aubrey, share the good news! HA HA. :0)

Gates & Tausha said...

hahah....i llove it!! nathan's so observant about the "duck poop" and barf chunks that are "too hard to get out." ahahhah....HILARIOUS!!! i loved the pics!