Deacon recently discovered the show "Thomas and Friends" and asks for it by pointing to the TV and saying, "Choo, choo, choo?" So we ventured north to the Union Station in O-town to check out their retired train yard. We dressed him in overalls like an engineer, but it was so cold we had to bundle him in layers and the effect was lost, haha. They actually had a few trains there, including the one that brought the Olympic Cauldron to SLC back in 2002.

***As I write this he is sitting on my lap all grins saying choo-choo, over and over.....
On Saturday I had a little Valentine surprise for Nathan. I'd been hiding a bottle of Martinelli's in the back of the fridge and made some chocolate dipped strawberries.

Then he surprised me with this hilarious card he made. Let's just say he has officially used more of my scrapbook supplies than I have Ü. I just finished reading Beneath a Marble Sky and had given him a breakdown of the story and how it centers around the Taj Mahal which a sultan built as a "small" token of the immense love he had for his wife. So I thought it was cute that he put that on the front of the card and tied it in with a cute saying on the inside.
That night we snacked on our strawberries and bubbly while watching this:
Don't judge!
This is seriously the best show. I dare you to watch the pilot episode and not be hooked!
That night we snacked on our strawberries and bubbly while watching this:
Don't judge!This is seriously the best show. I dare you to watch the pilot episode and not be hooked!



7 comments:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I have been waiting for an update! The train trip looked fun. Deac is such a cutie :)
And did I see an invitation in your comment on Brenna's blog welcoming anyone who wants to visit you in June? :)
Fun place. Looks like Deacon had a great time. Nice card Nathan.
That is so cute It would make me sick...if I wasn't already! HAHA!
That train place looks fun! Too bad it is all the way in Ogden! Aiden would love it!! Did u know Thomas the train is going to the e center this week? It is way pricey though!
Oh love the cute pics of Deacon with the trains...we went there (when we lived in the armpit of UT--haha!).
Looks like a FUN Valentine's Day--cool strawberries, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVED Nathan's card. That is so sweet, so thoughtful, and so funny--love it!
Now you got me wanting to become a trekkie....or a battlestar GalactIE? what do the fans call themselves? =)
What are Galactica fans called?
Just waiting for NetFlix...
That corkboard is VERY ineressting!
Deason is SOOOO cute; Nate is SO romantic! You're such a cute couple!!!
what a fun train place! I wanna go next time we are there! Corban would love that! I love Deac's overalls! What a cute V day card from Nathan! Good job on those strawberries! They look yummy!
Post a Comment