If you're looking for an enrichment activity idea, our theme this month was "Things My Mother Taught Me." Pictures of everyone's moms were displayed and we tried match each mother with her daughter. The dinner tables were decorated with things you might learn from your mother, such as: Homemaking, Womanhood, Budgeting, Education, Health & Fitness, etc. Here's the picture I displayed of my mom:
Everyone prepared a few sentences about one thing they learned from their mother to share with the group. I don't take enough opportunities to thank my mom for everything she taught me, so I'm posting this for her. Plus, this is the closest thing I have to a journal, so I think it is proper Ü.
"My mother taught me about finances. When I was 10, my friends were getting the talk about the birds and the bees----but I remember getting the talk about amortization tables and how interest works. She taught me to pay tithing first, to save, and to be responsible with credit. When I got my first paycheck at 16, she encouraged me to open a Roth IRA. At 19, she suggested I contribute to my company's 401k plan. The things she taught me have benefited our marriage and even guided me towards my career. I hope to pass all these things and more to my children."
"My mother taught me about finances. When I was 10, my friends were getting the talk about the birds and the bees----but I remember getting the talk about amortization tables and how interest works. She taught me to pay tithing first, to save, and to be responsible with credit. When I got my first paycheck at 16, she encouraged me to open a Roth IRA. At 19, she suggested I contribute to my company's 401k plan. The things she taught me have benefited our marriage and even guided me towards my career. I hope to pass all these things and more to my children."



7 comments:
Awwwwww.....what a nice daughter!!!
Moms are the best! So sweet! That is a way good idea for an enrichment!
your lucky your mom taught you all that! WIsh i'd payed a little more attention...they just said don't spend your money.
I always wondered why you got your mad finance skills. Those are the skills that really pay.
I remember her telling us how dumb it was to drive a nice car but have a crappy house--that it should be the opposite. That helped it not feel so sucky when I drove a crappy car. If Jim hadn't wrecked it, I'd still have my 1990 dream machine!
tho some of my kids might have to go in the trunk...
Aww so true....mom is the one who introduced Brig & I to Dave Ramsey...thus forever changing our financial attitudes! I will always be thankful for that, as we were newlyweds and just starting out. Thanks mom for helping me to value a dollar, and a quarter, even a penny!
Post a Comment