Warning: long journal entry Ü
Thursday:
I had to start with Thursday because I don't remember what happened Mon-Wed, which is why I'm committing to start writing more things down in our online journal. That and my visiting teachers asked me what I do all day and I didn't really have an answer. Oh yeah! My visiting teachers came Wednesday morning and then I went visiting teaching Wednesday afternoon. There's Wednesday for ya.
Okay, back to Thursday: we went to visit Nathan's Aunt Collette to finally deliver some canning jars that we've had since Christmas (yikes!). As always, she traded us a bunch of empty jars for some jars filled with homemade salsa, grape juice, etc.---sounds like a fair trade, right? Collette has three dogs, I don't know their names so I call them small dog, medium dog, and large dog.
The large dog is a Doberman and she/he/it started licking Deacon, which grossed me out, but made Deacon giggle like I've never heard before. We caught it on video, does anyone know how to upload video to their blog? Oh wait, nobody is reading this because I scared them away with the whole disclaimer thing...
After Collette's we went to KFC. This might not seem worth mentioning, but this is The World's First KFC! Still not impressed? It's the only KFC I've ever been to with an all-you-can-eat buffet. Mmmm...coleslaw, mashed potatoes with gravy, biscuits, chicken, and more. It is also part museum so it is the fanciest one you'll ever visit. Plus, only in Utah do they decorate fast food joints with vinyl lettering and words like "...honesty, integrity, and charity":
Friday:
We held Achievement Days later that afternoon and actually had three out of eight girls show up! I'm likin' those odds, and am NOT complaining. They are all itsy, bitsy, teenie, tiny, little girls, and yet they managed to pack away 32 cookies! *Sigh* Those were the days.....
Nathan stayed late at the hospital to cover another tech during the surgery shift. I forgot to write about the nice little "pat on the back" he got during a staff meeting last week. They had him stand up and they specifically mentioned how busy he was on a certain Friday night and that he finished all the work himself and didn't page the on-call person (he later confided to me that he kinda forgot that was an option). Still, he is a very hard worker and has been getting noticed for it. Anyway, on his way home a picked up a Red Box--Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? It was late on Friday, so the pickin's were slim---but we actually enjoyed it. Janet Jackson had a starring role and she did well.
I took Deacon to the doctor because his cough is getting much worse. She said his ears were 'shiny' (huh?) and prescribed an antibiotic. He somehow managed to grab the tongue depressor from her and promptly threw it on the floor. Then he looked at her, raised his eyebrows, and said, "Uh-oh!" (That's his new thing, throwing food on the floor and acting like it was an accident).
Nathan stayed late at the hospital to cover another tech during the surgery shift. I forgot to write about the nice little "pat on the back" he got during a staff meeting last week. They had him stand up and they specifically mentioned how busy he was on a certain Friday night and that he finished all the work himself and didn't page the on-call person (he later confided to me that he kinda forgot that was an option). Still, he is a very hard worker and has been getting noticed for it. Anyway, on his way home a picked up a Red Box--Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? It was late on Friday, so the pickin's were slim---but we actually enjoyed it. Janet Jackson had a starring role and she did well.
I was feeling miserable and was going to stay home from work, but I've been with my company for over 6 years and have never taken a sick day or had an unexcused absence---and boy, do I mention it every March when it's time for a raise Ü (Hey, when you only work 18 hours a week, you have to focus on the positive).
Anyway, going to work is my way of sticking it to the man. I'd rather use my sick days to go on vacation or take a trip, not be miserable in bed. Note: I've since decided that it is rude to go to work sick and infect others, but nobody else is in on Saturday, so I went. Luckily, I only had to work 4 hours and spoke with only 14 people---and no conversation lasted over 2 minutes....except the lady who's husband made her quit her job 21 years ago to care for their disabled daughter only to have him walk out on Easter morning. She was going to try to live off a $30k Rollover IRA for the rest of her life rather than spend money on a divorce! I told her to sue him! (haha, watch out Nate Ü) Sometimes I give more legal advice than financial advice. Oh yeah, I also had to explain to a different woman that we are not the IRS, so...#1: I couldn't give her any tax advice, and #2: she wouldn't want it from us in the first place! I had a co-worker who was "100% positive" that I could deduct Deacon off our 2006 tax return because I was pregnant 6 out of 12 months---even though he wasn't born and given a SS# until 2007. Yeah, he no longer works for us.....
Nathan did his home teaching today. He also decided to walk to church....which is nuts, because this is an up-to-the-hour picture of what the weather is right now:
Yes, those are snowflakes falling, and there is actually a really big mountain in the background that is covered by all the fog. But he took off walking, wearing a shirt, tie, slacks, nice shoes....and a big ol' Alaskan Parka with the hood over his head and face.
Anyway, going to work is my way of sticking it to the man. I'd rather use my sick days to go on vacation or take a trip, not be miserable in bed. Note: I've since decided that it is rude to go to work sick and infect others, but nobody else is in on Saturday, so I went. Luckily, I only had to work 4 hours and spoke with only 14 people---and no conversation lasted over 2 minutes....except the lady who's husband made her quit her job 21 years ago to care for their disabled daughter only to have him walk out on Easter morning. She was going to try to live off a $30k Rollover IRA for the rest of her life rather than spend money on a divorce! I told her to sue him! (haha, watch out Nate Ü) Sometimes I give more legal advice than financial advice. Oh yeah, I also had to explain to a different woman that we are not the IRS, so...#1: I couldn't give her any tax advice, and #2: she wouldn't want it from us in the first place! I had a co-worker who was "100% positive" that I could deduct Deacon off our 2006 tax return because I was pregnant 6 out of 12 months---even though he wasn't born and given a SS# until 2007. Yeah, he no longer works for us.....
Sunday:
Nathan did his home teaching today. He also decided to walk to church....which is nuts, because this is an up-to-the-hour picture of what the weather is right now:




9 comments:
okay---TOO MANY funny things to comment on. This post was AWESOME! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you're doing this! Isn't it fun to re-cap the week? I know someday I'm going to love reading my life in a blog book when I'm rocking in a nursing home!
okay, i JUST noticed...there's some MAJOR chestage in the family photo on the right sidebar. showoff. =)
It was like Christmas morning coming to your blog and seeing that super long post! Ahh... Tears in my eyes!!! Iam proud to say that even though flagstaff is still missing many of my favorite places... We do have a KFC buffet! Dan almost rear ended the car in front of us when we saw the sign!!! Holy gravy and biscuits!!!
I did read all the way thru and I don't know exactly how to upload video. I know it has something to do with enabling the URL link on your post thing, but I'm confusing myself even more and will start saying "the thing that's on that other page for the thing" so I'd better stop. Tausha uploads video all the time so I'm going to volunteer her expertise here. You're welcome, Tausha!
And your fancy KFC goes along with my fancy McDonalds! You and I are high class fast food persons. And yah, only in Utah would you have vinyl lettering with honesty, integrity and charity on it. You'd almost expect to have the YW motto somewhere in a booklet or something. Temple recommends get you 10% off the buffet! Wouldn't that be nice?!
And your snow is beautiful. I'm wearing a blanket at the moment so I can comment on this post. I'm not accustomed weather under 78 so your pictures are enough to get a chill. Brrr.
HEY!!! I volunteer Jamie for the video expertise...she uploads all the time...jk...I'll come back and leave in INSTRUc-ti-own (spanish accent) comment in a sec...and MAN...i had NO idea KFC started in UTAH...i feel now that is it inspired...and am now compelled to go eat there. :) ahhah...and i read through the whole thing too! you're captivating!!! i totally dig the walkin in the snow...sounds refreshing...or maybe i just wanna wear a parka..cuase i don't know what that is. way to go suck it up and go to work! i SO woulda called in sick...but i agree...vaca days are MUCH better taken. i MUST say, deacon looks SOOO cute in that picture where you're holding him...and I'm sure I have more comments...but well...just the whole thing was FUN!!! i'll be back. (you know what accent that was).
ok...so the only video i've uploaded is from my photo camera...so my computer automatically saves it/uploads it as whatever file is does when i put the memory card in. THEN, go to NEW POST from your blog, and there's a little video icon in the toolbar to the right of the "add photo" icon...click that, choose your video file to upload...and it'll do it! takes a few...but that should work!!! :) HOPE THAT HELPS!!
I love the KFC but I do have to mention that you would also see the vinyl lettering in Idaho too! We have a stand at the mall that sells the boards with the different sayings on them! Don't you hate that it's April now...well tomorrow it will be and it's still cold and snows! Gosh I'm sick of it! I love that Deacon threw the can of something in the laundry! The question is if it was in the laundry basket who threw it in the washer with the clothes? haha Wouldn't you have seen that before you put it in and set it aside? Too funny!
I love the pic of you and Deacon, he looks like you in it! Looks like a yummy KFC! I think I would eat all the biscuits if I went, mmm, I love them!
I totally thought that redbox you rented was rated "R" ? You Utah Mormon! Phhaa! Jk I am sure it is not if you got it. I must be thinking of a different movie. I can't believe you are still getting snow! It is soooo warm here already....don't mean to rub it in...ha ha! I will be thinking of you though when I go swimming on Wednesday... :)
Post a Comment