.....but there is some contention when we do our grocery shopping together. It wasn't always this way; when we were newlyweds we would hold hands while skipping down the aisle and staring into each other's eyes. But now that we have been married 5 years, we let our true feelings out.
If you know Nathan, you know he likes to cook and he is very good at it. He loves to watch cooking shows and is inspired to try new things. This, I am grateful for and love. It's the shopping that's a problem for me, because really, who needs 'Mango Gunda Pickle'? (See photo, second from the left). This is what we argue over: Nathan's desire to buy eccentric food. Apparently, he's been sneaking off to the Asian Market to get his foreign food 'fix'. How do I know this? On Saturday I was cleaning out the fridge and discovered a ton of hidden condiments in languages I couldn't read. This picture displays just a few:
Sunday, January 20, 2008
There aren't many things that Nathan and I disagree on......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Nathan has always been so weird about eating nasty food. I can totally understand why this would upset you, paying money for nastyness.
aubrey your posts always crack me up! haha...and I just have to say that just the NAME mango gunda (or wahtever) pickle makes me gag...that's a hard one though...I'd want to keep the man cooking so I didn't have to! (as long as he makes non-gag stuff of course)
oh this is too funny! Come on--don't you remember growing up? You eat what is put in front of you, or you don't eat. I attribute that to my "I'll try anything once" eating mentality. Count your blessings if that's all you disagree on tho--and he IS a GREAT cook-so you've gotta hand him that! =)
Nathan was weened on cheese crisps and refried beans you know. This has caused him permanent damage in the taste area. It is all my fault. Now you get the result of what could be the next Great Cook.
Enjoy the experiments and weirdness of his cooking.I always told him he was a good cook. Love you. mom
My husband is the same way...but I just laugh at him, but am grateful he does the cooking. I'm kind of scared of what we are going to eat when you come down...both of them in the kitchen...it will be either really great or really gross!
ah nah aubrey i was just messin whicha bout the co-workers...i'll shake it for 'em! :) haha...
Looks like Wal-mart from Hawaii. Seriously you wouldn't beleive that they have shelfs of this at full stuff and like only two brands of salsa. I know what Nathan is getting for his birthday!!! I miss mainland products!
Post a Comment