Off to Arizona, for the Christmas holiday,
Load up the car and we're on the way.
Twelve hours of driving to visit our 'fam',
The car packed tight with all we could cram.
Deacon was great, as we traveled down.
No screaming, no crying, not even a frown.
Christmas Eve with the Hunts, and we each brought a gift.
For an Elephant Exchange that made our lips lift.
Dad's was the best, and we all heard the moan,
As Lindsay unwrapped an ancient cell phone.
Our son was excited, to play with the kitten.
He'd stroke it and pet it, I'd say he is smitten.
Then off to the Gavin's to spend Christmas Day,
“Mom's meals are the best,” is what I always say.
But what's this mom is serving? A lump of coal?
No, just a 'wheat rock'---disguised as a roll. Ü
Now time for presents, Deacon opened his toys.
He's not sure what it is, but it makes a fun noise.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Christmas Conspectus
Labels: Monthly Poem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
okay--you DEFINITELY are the better rhymer in the bunch!!! It sounds like you had a super fun time. Too bad we didn't at least get to hi-5 each other on I-15 as we were basically crossing paths in the opposite directions!
Great ryhming! Looks like a lot of fun. Sorry we missed out...next year. See you in March!
How cute! What a poet!!! I love it!!! Were so glad we got to see you for Christmas.
I LOOOOOVE your peoms!!! The one for your card was amazing. YOU are amazing! No, I'm not offended about the rolls; they usually turn out well, but those had to be thrown out.
So glad you were here for Christmas!!!
Post a Comment