Sunday, October 1, 2006

The Heber Creeper!

Yay! For my birthday, Nathan surprised me with tickets to the Heber Creeper! It is a 3 hour train ride that starts in Heber, leisurely rolls down Provo Canyon and then back to Heber. During the Fall, it is beautiful! There are a couple open air train cars, or you can sit in a regular passenger car. It is pulled by an old-fashion steam engine. Did I mention the countryside is BEAUTIFUL in October? This is the same train they use for the 'Polar Express' and they also do a similar train ride to during the winter when you can see snow and wildlife.
The only downside was my pregnancy. I was so nauseated that every creak and jerk of the train I thought I was going to throw up. It didn't help when a 3 hour train ride turned into 4.5 hours. On the way back, our train wheels kept sparking fires along the way. So we'd have to stop, the crew would put it out and we'd continue. Soon we had to stop permanently and wait for the fire department. I also had to go to the bathroom really bad (I was pregnant!) and didn't want to use the bathroom on the train.
When we arrived at the Provo park it was beautiful. We stretched out on the grass. There was a pastoral stream with people fishing. It was great.
Thanks Nathan Ü

No comments: