Monday, July 13, 2009

Last Days at Work and Father's Day

Nathan was really sad to leave Salt Lake Regional. That's where he did his clinical hours for X-Ray and then he continued working there two nights a week while schooling for Nuc Med. So he's been there 3 years! They will miss him too.
They threw a little going away potluck party for him during the first week of June (his last week). It was fun! A lot of them had seen Deacon right after he was born and couldn't believe it had already been two years. The number one comment we heard: "Nate! He looks just like you!"

Some pictures from my last day at work. They won't mean anything to anyone but me Ü. I didn't even realize it was my last day. I fully intended to bring Addy back to show off and say goodbye to people, but we left a lot sooner than planned and I didn't even get to tell anyone we were moving (except my boss Ü).

Father's Day

I figured I'd still be in the hospital recovering on actual Father's Day, so I gave him his present the Sunday before. It sounds like a "cheesy" gift, but if you know Nate then you know he loved it. A couple of months ago he mentioned that he'd really like to taste some fancy cheese (don't know what we were talking about at the time). Then, a few weeks ago we saw a commercial on TV for Laughing Cow Cheese and he said he had it once and it really liked it. So I created platter of fancy cheese and crackers for him ÜYou'd think he was checking out a fine lookin' lady by his expression. Nope, just admiring some fine lookin' Gouda.

I found cheeses that had really weird names like "Havarti" or said things like "soft, unripened goat cheese" and those were the ones I knew he'd like. I also picked up a box of some foreign looking crackers. He loved it! It was funny though, he was talking to his sisters on the phone and they asked what he got for Father's Day. When he told them, I was clear across the room but could still hear them *roaring* with laughter.

2 comments:

Brenna said...

that is funny but knowing Nate he loved it! YOu two were made for each other! So sweet....I mean "cheesy" ;)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh I liked seeing where you & Nate worked--that's so good that you took pictures! We are THRILLED as can be to have you guys closer. Utah's loss is our gain!!

What a CLEVER idea to get him that cheese plate..sounds like it was right up his alley. Love the expression on his face--haha!