Monday, July 13, 2009

Baby Shower and a Wedding

I'm a little behind in posting, but I had some pictures from my baby shower that I wanted to put up. Three out of five of my sisters flew up to Utah the first weekend in June to give me a baby shower. They are so creative and amazing! Carla is the ultimate party planner and can make something out of nothing. Brenna used her artistic talents to create a cute diaper cake. Chanda came up with some fun game ideas that I had never played before. We had delicious gigantic cinnamon rolls in two varieties that my mom and Carla made. Next the them was this sign:

So many cute clothes and things for Baby Addy!

On the way out the door a sign read Aubrey's bun in the oven thanks you for comin'!

Here are the three pregnant princesses who were exhausted after the party:Chanda (due 10/24/09), Me (due mid June), Brenna (due 09/09/09).
(Notice the lei I had to wear as the guest of honor that says "I got lei'd")

We teased Nathan that this is what it would be like if we were polygamists...four "sister" wives, three of who were pregnant Ü.

The day before the shower (Friday), the four of us crammed in my little Corolla (remember three of us our pregnant) and drove 3+ hours to Vernal, Utah, for the wedding of our cousin Shawn and his cute wife Jentry: For some reason, whenever our family gets together, we seem to dress alike without planning it! In keeping with that tradition:
Chanda and I have the exact same maternity shirt (different colors). Brenna and Carla wore dresses with very similar patterns. I guess great minds think alike!

The weekend before the baby shower, we had our 2nd Annual Community Yard Sale.(picture from last year's sale)
Seven out of the 8 families in our cul de sac participated. It was about 90* and really hot (as I write this now I realize I didn't know what hot was yet). Proof positive that one man's trash is another man's treasure: I had this box of junk I was planning on either throwing away or donating to DI. We spread the contents out on three tables labeled .25 and .10 cents and sold almost all of it. I think that's where we made most of our money Ü. We didn't have any big ticket items like last year though, so we only made about a hundred bucks, but it all went to our moving fund and we were thankful!

4 comments:

Mama J said...

I love garage sales... I always walk around my house picking stuff up. Once I asked Dan to move the couch out, he informed me that we'd have no where to sit!!! Anywhoo... When r u coming home?!? And yeah... there is a house across the street from mine... You could totally buy it!

Justina Selim said...

Mmmm I want those cinnamon rolls! Looks like you had a fun shower! I love those diaper cakes. Too pretty to use!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Your baby shower looked sooo cute!! So sorry I couldn't make it =( I LOVE that sisters pick with you all dressed in coordinating outfits--too funny!

Mom Gavin said...

I LOVE the matchiness. It happened again at the reunion!
Glad to see my cinnamon rolls on display. I was wondering if they made it all right.

So glad to have you back home!