Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nathan's Graduation

Nathan walked at Graduation on May 1st. But he technically still has a semester left of school. He will be done June 20th and that's when the real party starts!!
He has been studying hard for his CT boards and this month he passed with flying colors. A year ago he was trying to decide between specializing in Nuc-Med or CT (to do cat scans). He chose the former, but luckily he has performed enough CT exams during his Nuc-Med clinical hours that he was able to petition to take the CT exam and become certified. So he is officially X-Ray and CT certified, and at the end of June he can take his Nuc-Med exams to become certified in that. Then, Arizona...here we come!
We had a great visit with Nathan's parents when they came up the week of his graduation. Usually, we work them hard when they come (past visits included them helping us repaint our deck, major yard work, or tiling the bathroom), this time we let them take it easy Ü. We pretty much ate sugar every night and watched movies from Redbox. Deacon loves Grandma and Grandpa, he says both of their names the same: "popop". He especially loved riding in Grandpa's big truck.
They drove in Thursday night and Friday morning was Nate's graduation. We decided at the last minute to get a sitter for Deacon and I'm glad we did. It was nice to relax. The school catered a nice hawaiian lunch before the graduation and we were impressed with the food. We just bought a new camera and unfortunately the card it came with only holds 14 pictures, so we didn't get a lot of shots of graduation.
If you look above Nathan's right ear, you can see his dad Ü



Congrats Nathan! I am so proud of you!

8 comments:

Brenna said...

Meee too! Way to go Nate Dawgy dawg!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

We are sooo proud of Nate too!!! Way to go! That's awesome that he's able to get certified in so many specialties. It will be great to have all of that.

Nate's mom is looking AWESOME! Well, his dad too--but you know what I mean. ;-)

CONGRATS guys--AZ here you come!!!!!!

Jami said...

High-5!!!!! :0)

Paige said...

Congrats Nate!!!

PS: I'm excited to see you guys!! :)

Justina Selim said...

Love the prego belly! You look so cute!

Mama J said...

Mmmm... I just wanna give that cute belly of yours a big ol' RUB of LOVE!!! I love it! Its the cutest thing i've ever seen! I am STOKED ur moving back too. I dont know if you know this but... Flagstaff indeed does have a Hospital, and dont quote me or anything but i am preeeeeeety sure they do x-rays there.

Ponder it for a while!

Just think... trees, forest, lakes, nice weather, beautiful, and JANA!

Good. I will start looking for homes!

The Peterson's said...

Congrats Cous! Way to go.

Carca said...

Congrats!!!!!!! What an accomplishment!