Saturday, March 28, 2009

Marchness

This month Nathan sold his baby.
I was relieved that we found a sucker to buy it.

Hahaha. Ü I'm kidding. It's a good bike and we sold it to Nathan's BIL Matt. So it's still in the family and maybe Nathan can visit it every other weekend if he pays child support. I told Matt if he gets in a wreck, he better not die. Because then I would feel really, really bad (and it is all about my feelings). Then Matt said my instructions conflicted with the strict instructions his wife gave him. I believe---roughly translated---she said something to the effect that if you're gonna wreck, you better die. Because you're worth more dead than disabled. Ha..ha..ha...?

We have been having beautiful weather this month, so lots of outside time for Deacon. Nathan *cough*overachiever*cough* took Deacon to 3 different parks in 2 days! Well, I sure showed him by taking D to the library (haha) and then a new park across the street from it. A lady showed up with her kid and a dog. Deacon loved the dog, but it had no boundaries! It kept jumping on him and knocking him to the ground. I kept hinting to the lady, "My what a BIG dog" or "Wow, he sure is playful (read:hyper)." I think she finally picked up what I was putting down because then she said that it wasn't her dog, it just followed her to the park.
Before Deacon would play on the playground, he had to go around to each of the six basketball courts and point to the basket saying, "Hoo-hoo-hoop ball?" And then when he got to one that didn't have a net he said, "Uh-oh."
The only pants that are long enough for his legs are too big in the waist!
So we reached a record "heat wave" for March last Saturday and it got up to 74 degrees.....and then it promptly snowed two days later and we've been freezing ever since.

Nathan had Spring Break during the week of the ninth. We went to the open house for the new Draper Temple. The only other open house I've been to was the one for the Las Vegas Temple a looooong time ago, so I kept wondering when they were going to pass out the little booties to put over your shoes. Apparently they don't do that anymore.
We met at a church at the bottom of a hill where they showed a short video about the purpose of temples. Then they had tour buses take us up the hill to the temple. After walking around inside there were cookies and juice in a separate building with lots of beautiful paintings of Christ and different temples. Then more buses to take us back down the hill. Deacon has been obsessed with buses lately (a school bus pulls in front of our neighbor's house everyday at 8:20 and he always runs to the window to wave), so he loved his first time riding on a bus. Or maybe he just loved the cookie? There was a lady with a baby sitting next to us on the bus. She happened to have one of those really soft blankets (blee-bleeze) that Deacon LOVES, so he kept reaching over and "petting" it.

We also had the "Week of the Headband" this month (I just made that name up). We were going for a walk one Sunday afternoon, so I decided to play a joke. I grabbed one of my sweatbands and had it tight across the middle of my forehead and was sporting a wicked side ponytail. Nathan glanced up at me.....and said nothing! As we headed outside, I paused and said, "Um, are you really going to let me go out looking like this? We have to live in this neighborhood!!" He honestly didn't see a problem. I am now second guessing every outfit I've ever worn where I asked him if it looked okay.
Deacon saw the NBA insignia on the sweatband and says "hoop ball" when he wears it. He also likes to put it on our heads. Sure, he's embarrassed for himself, but not for me?Deacon's new thing is to slide down the stairs on his belly, face first. He thinks it is soooo fun. Nathan decided it would be even more fun to slide down in a sleeping bag.
Let's just say all 200+ pounds of Nate is hard to stop on a dime, so "thank goodness" the wall was there to help slow him down.
In other news, Deacon likes to eat raw butter and sleep standing up. But that's a whole other story for his blog!

9 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

And you're back with a BANG!! YaY! Too funny about the motorcycle. Those things scare me--I hope Matt never gets hurt either. Loved all your fun photos and silly things. Can't wait til you're closer so I can see the silly in person for myself more often. =) just 3ish more months...but who's counting? =)

Miken Harding said...

So D is toatlly nate's kid. I remember my mom yelling at him for eating butter! YUCK! Suckage on the wall:) we used to do that in our house too! So many great traditions he is passing on. Good luck to Matt not wrecking. I'm glad Nate was able to part with out any injuries!

Paige said...

Oh my heck--your wall! That stinks.

Deac is funny, is that him sleeping standing up?? hahaha

Richard and Joleen said...

Deacon is truly his fathers son. I remember many butter dishes not there any more and butter(margarine at the time) all over Nate's hands and face and a big smile. YUM!!!!! love your post.Ü

Justina Selim said...

What is it with kids and butter?? Aiden likes to eat butter too. When we go to restaurants that have it on the table we have to hide it. That's hilarious that he didn't mind your sweat band and side ponytail! Oh, and you should try that pants with the adjustable waistband. You can get them at Target and Old Navy. They are amazing! :->

Brenna said...

Too funny I was laughing the whole time! Those sleeping pics are my fav. and goooh with the butter. I can't get over how many people ate it plain when they were kids! I at least had the decency to put sugar on it! lol ;)

Mama J said...

Whats wrong with the side pony tail and headband? I wear that all the time! hmmm... Dan hasn't said anything. Ohhh well!

Glad for the long post!!! Its good reading all about you! Your such a good mom! Have you made the final decision on the name of your feti girl? Here were your options just in case you forgot...

Jana
or
Danjana (daniel and jana combined)

Its hard i know... But cool no matter which one you choose.

Peace out! Love ya!
JANA

hdawgy said...

haha Deacon is Hilarious sleeping standing up! Luckily Corban hasn't tried eating butter! haha He's picky though so maybe Brighton will someday! I love the sweatband too! Side ponytails and sweatbands are the new thing now! haha When we went to the Rexburg Temple open house they put booties on our shoes! That's weird they didn't do that for you! I was so mad that the weather was so nice for like a week and then bam...it freakin snows again and is way cold! I'm sick of winter!

Nilda Noel said...

I laughed more times than I can count on that one. Can't believe he was going to let you go out in public looking like you were in the 80's.