Thursday morning, Deac and I skipped our walk so we could go to his very first story time. We got all gussied up and hustled down to the library. We were informed that story time is on Wednesdays. Ooops. So we went to the grocery store instead. Good thing he is too young to be disappointed. In case you're wondering, this is what 'gussied up' looks like:
Friday morning I followed through on something I've been wanting to do for Nathan for a long time: surprise him with a massage at a new place down the street. I told him all week I had something planned and he was excited. Then we pulled in front of the store. Let's just say his enthusiasm left a lot to be desired. He did not want to do it! First he said that I deserved the massage and should take his place (I was very tempted). Then he said he felt bad for spending money on himself. Where is this self-deprecation coming from? I told him I would be spending money on myself by shopping during his massage---so we'd be even Ü. Finally I had to tell him he'd hurt my feelings if he refused my gift.
While I was shopping with Deacon, we passed an aisle with baby blankets and he grabbed one off the shelf. He went straight for the fuzzy and it kept him quiet the whole time.
Nathan was singing a CoMplETely different tune when I went to pick him up. He had a deep tissue massage and was very glad I "made" him do it. I had to take a picture of the very different husband that came out.
I've been going in and out of Nursery with Deacon the last 3 Sundays, but this week was the first time I could leave him and not feel guilty because he is officially old enough to be there. I asked Nathan if he wanted to go on a date....to Sunday School. We haven't been able to go together for 6+ months, so it was nice.



8 comments:
Oh Deacon is looking so big!! I love the blanky at the store--too cute. And Nathan DOES look like one happy guy after his massage. Doesn't that make you jealous...or was the masseuse named 'Helga' or something? =)
Nice--getting a message. They are so wonderful. Deacon looks so grown up in his Sunday duds!!! Love you guys. Can hardly wait till Christmas.
Nice--getting a message. They are so wonderful. Deacon looks so grown up in his Sunday duds!!! Love you guys. Can hardly wait till Christmas.
I know you will benifit from that masssage, cuase I did that for him one time and he gave me the best back rub ever after he had a real one! Can't wait till next month when we get to try out nursery.
Yay for nursery going well! Story time will be so fun! Aiden loves it! We haven't been for a while though! I need to get back to doing that!
Wow you guys got way more snow than we did! That's wierd! I can't believe the Deacster is in nursery already! That is awesome! I love that you even take your camera to church! Yay for shopping! I hope you bought that blanket for him! haha
It would be way fun to meet up. Jess is driving down on Monday so we could go on Tuesday or Wednesday. Aiden and Deacon would have fun playing together! I'm excited! Let me know when is good for you guys!
I'm not sure Helga can even compete. I think you give the best foot & neck rubs EVER!
Deacon is just SOOOOOO cute. Nursery day is a WONDERFUL day.
Post a Comment