Saturday, September 6, 2008

Metal and Microwaves Don't Mix!!!

I went back to work today after having 10 days off (ha, ha, it sounds like a lot of time when I write it that way, but it equates to about 18 hours). Anyway, everything was pretty much the same as when I left. Except the break room. One of the microwaves was missing, and these bright yellow signs were posted above the three remaining ones:
I actually work with some very intelligent people, so it would seem unnecessary to have a sign stating something so obvious. Apparently someone else saw the humor in it too, because they raided the paper closet and added this sign a few hours later:

(No. I don't usually take my camera to work)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what did I do with all my time off? Well I totally wasted 36 minutes of it by watching the first part of this movie with Nathan:



Don't even bother watching it. Just Google "Dumb movie with Tom Cruise sporting a uni-brow and his original teeth" and you'll come up with Ridley Scott's Legend. {I'm sorry if anyone reading this actually likes that movie. If so, Nathan and I have a bet: are you the type of person that dresses up in medieval attire, meets your friends at the park, and reenacts ancient fight scenes?}

Other than that, I really enjoyed my time off. I made some easy fun toys for Deacon. I took him walking/hiking/running almost everyday and we made several trips to the park. I pretended to be a "real" wife by having the house clean and making dinner every night for Nathan Ü. I could get used to this!