Since Nathan and I have never been to a state fair before, we decided to take Deacon last Friday. There were lots of animals. We saw:
Cows and Pigs
Nathan requested we bring $100 cash so that he could try all of the crazy food we hear about on the news. Here is a photo journal of his lunch experience. Just pretend these pictures I found online are Nate and you can swoon on how handsome he has become:
Nathan eating fried Oreos.
Why the odd fraction of fish? Because he got halfway done with one and realized it was still raw. He was going to throw it away, but I took it back to the vendor (who was smoking while cooking...fire hazard? Health department?) and she asked if I wanted her to throw it back in the vat and finish cooking it! I suggested that since his mouth had been all over it, she probably didn't want it in the same grease she was using to cook everyone else's food. She gave me a long puzzled stare and then caught on that I wanted a whole new one.Nathan eating part of my smoked ham sandwich
Nathan eating french fries

These are all the foods that Nathan really ate. He "only" used one third of his budget for all that junk and was very satisfied.
I didn't take pictures of Nathan eating because I was busy watching...okay staring....at all the crazies at the fair. It occurred to me that The F.A.I.R is a perfect acronym for The Freak And Inbred Roundup.
I saw a girl wearing purple acid wash jeans (pegged at the ankle). I saw a man with his t-shirt cut from his armpit down to his waist on both sides to allow his belly to fit---it was basically a poncho. Oh yeah, I also saw a man dressed as a woman. I pretended to take pictures of N&D but was really trying to get a shot of the shemale because I'm pretty sure he works in a different office at my same building!
I saw a girl wearing purple acid wash jeans (pegged at the ankle). I saw a man with his t-shirt cut from his armpit down to his waist on both sides to allow his belly to fit---it was basically a poncho. Oh yeah, I also saw a man dressed as a woman. I pretended to take pictures of N&D but was really trying to get a shot of the shemale because I'm pretty sure he works in a different office at my same building!
The only other fair I've been to were all the county fairs in Kingman 10 years ago, but I just don't remember it having so many salespeople? They were marketing jacuzzies and mattresses; I saw more live OxyClean demonstrations than exhibits.We ended the day by taking Deac on a ride. Nathan said it was creaking and groaning while they rode it. He was "slightly" over the recommend weight Ü. Especially after that last scone....





11 comments:
Oh WOW! Great Covert Photography!!! Those MAN-HANDS look straight out of a Seinfeld episode! =) I loved your acronym--so true. Oh, and BUH-LIEVE me...there are plenty of crazies at the Mohave County Fair. I was literally surprised every year when all the 'MegaDeath' and 'Guns N Roses' groupies came out of hiding! =)
What a fun trip! Gotta love all the crazies that show up to the fair! I love your photography skills! That shemale is crazy! All that fried junk does not look appetizing at all. I have always wondered if it tastes good.
ah dang you guys raked in the DELISHS!!!! mmm looks so fun and yummy! :) VERY impressed at the SHEMALE shot too..ahhaha...what a fun time for deacon adn you 2!!
How fun! $100-that can buy us a tank of gas home! That sounds like a blast though! I'll have to try that sometime!
Umm I vote no on the she-male I think it just looks like a manly lady! ha! I so want to try that fried stuff someday too! It looks so yummy! I remember all the fair crazies! Ahhh those were the days! D is sooo cute...I just want to pinch his cheeks! He is so well behaved!
Definite shemale--did you see those biceps?!
Looks like mucho fun :)
Oh man, those biceps! You got the right acronym; the fair brings out the dregs of society. Like the car that broke down at Sonic; people are out for the short-term pleasures instead of saving up for long-term stability. Love Deacon with the hat pix.
That is some fair food budget I hope Nate stopped because he was way to full to eat another bite that is so much food.
What fun!!!! I love the fair...and yes, that was a shim...I don't know who they think they are fooling!!!!
What fun!!!! I love the fair...and yes, that was a shim...I don't know who they think they are fooling!!!!
No way! That was totally a chic... That still has a penis! "I found Captin Weenkie!" (Ace Venture Pet Detective) And for some reason I'm having flashbacks of your "Savers" guy with the small animal stuck in his leotard! Oh, my, gosh, that was HILARIOUS and yet so disturbing. HA HA.
Oh, and we're on total agreeance about the "Nut Alert" sign. It should definitely be prominently displayed on both the website and front gate along with this small disclaimer: "Not a kid friendly zone. May scar or give them not-so-great ideas of what you DON'T want them to do or be whent hey grow up". Sure makes for an eventful day of people watching though, but hide the 5 and up crowd. HA HA.
Post a Comment