My birthday began the same way it has for the last six years: Nathan rolls over and wakes me up by saying, "I've never kissed a 26 year old before" (or whatever age I happen to be). It's a good way to start the day.
Nathan took the day off and made blueberry waffles for breakfast. As he was cleaning the dishes he looked out the window and said, "Whoa! Look what blew into our backyard!" (We just had a big plastic pool blow into our yard from a neighbor two streets over, so I wondered what next). This is what I saw:It was #4 on my birthday wish list. My wish list went something like this:
1. A Baby
2. Real Estate
3. Don't Stop Believing piano sheet music by Journey
4. His and Her bikes with a bike trailer
Well, #1 and #2 fell through a few days before my birthday : (
Maybe I'll add them to my Christmas wish list. But I can cross off number three and part of number four.
After breakfast we went downtown to see The Bodies exhibit. It was similar to the one we saw on our Babymoon, but it's neat and we didn't mind seeing it again. Plus N8 had a free ticket. I've said it once, but I'll say it again: there is no way we came from monkeys Ü. Our bodies are so complex and everything works in such an awesome way that it's just not an accident.
I think I've lost my kavorka, haha. I tried to sweet talk the young man at the ticket office to let me see the exhibit for free "since it's my birthday." I even batted my eyelashes. He didn't consider it for a millisecond! He just said, "Nope. That will be $21.50." It's just so hard to flirt with someone when your husband is next to you and there is a toddler on your hip! Hahaha.Later that night we had a small little picnic in the backyard. Nathan made Ribs and picked up some sides from KFC (I love their coleslaw, biscuits, and mashed potatoes w/ gravy). Earlier in the week Nathan asked what he should make for my birthday cake and I told him to surprise me. We've never had ice cream cake before, so he surprised me with a Cookies and Cream version. Here is his recipe. Ü
I had such a good birthday, we decided to extend it to Friday. Nathan had the day off so we both made appointments with the dermatologist to have some little moles zapped off. Romantic, right? Nathan said, "Once again you are putting me through physical pain to raise my cosmetic attractiveness" (see: braces). For lunch, we redeemed my birthday coupon for a free Red Robin Burger.



10 comments:
Yeah for the bike trailor! I love mine! Deacon will absolutely love it too! Happy late birthday. Glad N8 takes great care of you. I love his wake up line-that's funny.
Happy birthday! I'm glad it was a good one. I really want his and her bikes and a trailer too! Our neighborhood's not really set up well for bike riding though. :(
I feel the same way about us NOT evolving from monkeys. I can't believe how many very smart people can believe that, with how VERY complex our bodies are. It's amazing.
Dude that cake looks Amazing! I can't believe Nathan made that....well actually I can! How exciting you got a bike trailer! They are awesome! I love mine! I have always wanted to go to that body exhibit thing it looks pretty cool! I'm glad you had a good birthday girl! HEy are you gonna be in town on Thanksgiving? We are gonna be in Utah and will need a place to stay?
what a jerk--he didn't even CONSIDER giving you free on your BIRTHDAY!!!! he could at LEAST humored you with the lashes batting and everything. BUT, I didn't want to make this comment an I'm ticked off at that man comment---so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! glad you got at least HALF your desires...you had a FUN packed filled day!!! and i like nathan's line to start off your birthday...i'll have gates start practicing that one for mine. :) ahha
Wow--sounds like a GREAT b-day! Love the bike trailer and the cake looks COMPLETELY PROFESSIONAL! Are you sure he made it? =) Oh, and I have no idea what 'kavorka' is--maybe because I've never had it =)
GoOOh! That body show would freak me out!Glad your morbid mind enjoys it though! lol I am happy you had a great Birthday We love N8 for taking such good care of you! I tried to get Cody into Prision Break but he never watched the first season so it doesn't appeal to him as much as to me! I am a fan of it as well!
HAppy Birthday! Sounds like a fun day! I want bikes with a trailer so bad! Anything to motivate me to exercise, and it just looks like fun! I want to go to that human exhibit thing too, but we haven't ever been.
Nate's cookies and cream ice cream cake recipe is SO SIMPLE! Who would've thought you could have that marvelous cake in so little time with so little effort? It looks like it took him HOURS slaving away in the kitchen with ice cold hands trying to make it oh-so-perfect for his blushing bride. Well, I'm sure it DID take SOMEBODY a long time, but um, just not him. HA HA. And that's just because he's such a professional. ;0)
And since #1 fell threw before your big day, I hope Nate whipped out his tool box and gave you a scwrew. I heard it helps get things going in the right direction. ;0)
Looks like fun!!! Does Nathan want to help Dan out in the cake making department... Dan could help him out in the Making a Baby Girl Department?!?! Just a thought!!! :)
Im glad you had a good birthday though!
I am glad you had a good B-day! Glad you got to see the body exhibit!!!!
Post a Comment