Yesterday was Nathan's first day of school so I made him pose for pictures. I told him to channel his inner 10 year old---the one who would not be happy with his mom taking a bunch of nerdy pictures. So here he is, shoulders slumped, not smiling. I have to wonder how much of it was really acting.
Ahhhh. This pose is much better. He only has to go to class four times this whole semester (most of his schoolwork is self-study and clinical hours at the hospital). Still, he's taking 21 credits, so that's a lot of reading. This may be the last smile we see for awhile {rhyme Ü}.
Then all three crowded around as the first lady presented me with the book. She held it up and passed it to me like you would present a priceless platter. It was so reverent. I felt like I had a solemn responsibility with this book. I was blushing like crazy with their fussing and I totally ran out the door with a hurried 'thanks' thrown over my shoulder.
*
*
*
*
*
*
Needless to say, you may not hear from me for a few Last night, we went to a wedding reception for Nick Taylor. Nathan grew up with him in Goodyear, they played football at Glendale together, and Nick was the best man at our wedding.
The reception was at The Pointe, atop the Huntsman Cancer Institute; so we had a great 360* view of the valley
I always have to snap a picture of different cakes for my sister Brenna who decorates wedding cakes as well.
I really hope this is me in a few years. Seriously. I want to be this relaxed and carefree about life. On second thought, maybe she's not relaxed and was so stressed she let them dress themselves?



14 comments:
hahahah! I lOve your posts & want you to do one like every hour. I know that's a big request with your new book. =) I loved Nathan's back to school pics--so funny! The pic of those kids wearing those outfits at the wedding is HILARIOUS! I could never, NEVER bring myself to allow that. MAYBE at the grocery store--but a wedding? too funny! =)
I think Nathan really liked posing for the pictures! You should get a little school bus frame and put it in there! I remember Nick, he finally took the plunge ehh!?! Where is the pic. of the bride? And GORGEOUS cake! Brenna is really getting good at it! :)
SUCH fun STUFF lately!! that last picture cracks me UP!!! esp the mis-matched shoes!!! that should be a new fad. :) so did you finish the book?!
SUCH fun STUFF lately!! that last picture cracks me UP!!! esp the mis-matched shoes!!! that should be a new fad. :) so did you finish the book?!
SUCH fun STUFF lately!! that last picture cracks me UP!!! esp the mis-matched shoes!!! that should be a new fad. :) so did you finish the book?!
Diddo on the back to school pics. You got an LOL from me with the 10 year old caption below it. Seriously, your posts make me laugh all the time. Can we say therapy?! :0)
And I think the answer to the boys' attire is that the mom was tired, running late, just wanted to get out the freakin door already and could care less about what the boys were wearing when they refused to put their church clothes on. Sometimes you just get to that point. I've been there, just haven't had the chance to show it off at a wedding reception yet. HA HA. Kidding, but I've been VERY tempted, let me tell yah!
hey there aubrey! You have to tell me what you think of stephanie myers new book, bet your done reading it by now, too funny about those ladies in the library! I had mine delivered to the house. Nathan you should consider modeling for wal-mart ads, I am sure they have a handi cap special coming out soon...love you both!
oh you guys look so cute.. i totally think nate tried calling me few days back.. sorry i was working.. and then i forgot.. so ill call someday when i have time.. dont know when you guys can talk.. miss and love ya.. me just been working.. getting the money racked up.. its hard..
Loads of fun. No picture of the bride? Everyone looks great! Hope you enjoy the book-I'm still on number 3. I'm slow-no time! Have a great week!
I've missed so many posts! With 2 kids now I feel like I don't have any time to myself anymore! haha I love the pics! Good luck in school Nathan! Deacster is so flippin cute!
Great pics. We will see Nick this Sat. We'll see if I can get a pic of the bride. So glad Nathan smiles now to go school.
I love the first day of school pic! I might have to take one of Taylor!
Loved the first day of school photo...I may copy that (Brig starts back tomorrow!) As for the underdressed family....I know them and that is all they can afford...I cannot believe you would kick someone while they are down....J/K I have NEVER laughed so hard...probably because I can relate...that is why dress my kids the night before and they just sleep in their clothes...they wake up ready to go!!!
Post a Comment