Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ward Party

Last week, our congregation at church sponsored a neighborhood swim party for anyone who wanted to come. Nathan was really excited when they announced they would be serving this:
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Nice angle, right?

Deacon and I coordinated by wearing Hawaiian shirts for the occasion. Nathan wore a Pink Floyd t-shirt with his swim trunks and got all the compliments Ü

There were 3-legged races, potato sack races, water balloons,
...and lots of swimming!
I was a judge in the cannonball contest. We had marker boards to write our scores on and I guess I was the 'nice' judge. I gave everyone a 9-point-"something" (9.2--9.5--9.8--etc). The other judges called me the Paula of the group. So they must have been Simon and Randy because they were giving scores like 8.5 or 7.0. There were funny award prizes for the winners, such as "Worst Enema" and the prize was some chocolate nugget candy Ü

At the pool they have a splash park for little kids and Deacon seemed to love it.
Apparently the water rotates to different stations. So as I was focused on getting this shot:
This next station turned on:
...and I was in the path of the stream of water:
That's when I realized I was letting my son roam around in FREEZING cold water! I guess this earlier picture should have clued me in:
(yes, he still wears his floaties while on solid ground Ü)
P.S. Let's take a vote!
Is the young man in the next picture
A) too old be playing around the little kids water park
B) looking like he might be nekkid

9 comments:

Mama J said...

Im sorry but that pig just has food poisoning written all over it! HA! But what a fun ward party, our ward is lame in comparison. The kid on the last picture is TOO OLD! and Probably nakid which makes it worse! Where is the picture of you in your bikini?

Jami said...

Aubrey, don't be trying to blame your wet pants on the "rotating water system", we all know you waited to long to go and you had an "accident". HA HA.

And I'm with Jana, the pig is FOWL! I can just picture all the flies hovering all around it... It should be on the poster for the next vegetarian recruiting rally with a sign up sheet attached. 'Cuz they have such a thing, right? ;0P

And my vote on the "big kid" is he's actually peeing back there. You might want to give Deacon one more bath after this just from the mental picture. I'm going to go wash my hands too.

Anonymous said...

aubrey you need to shave your head and you guys would be like the cone head family.. lol.. all look alike.. lol jk.. but think about it ok.. miss ya guys..

Brandi said...

I vote A) too old....

anyway, I LOOOOVE Deacon's face in the cold water pic! Poor kid! :) Thanks for all your comments on my blog, I'm glad you like the name. I was surprised when you said that, for some reason I'd been thinking I'd already told everyone what we'd name him. Apparently not, eh? :)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

whoa--i've never seen a pig from that angle...or gutted actually! Looks like a super fun ward party. The cannonball judging cracked me up. You are a softy, but I'd say you have all of your marbles unlike a certain other lady. That splashpad looks like tons of fun. I'm glad you kept him in floaties. You know my motto: "SAFETY 1st!" =)

Miken Harding said...

Nice little Richard!!! What a handsome dude!!! To bad Boston and Deacon are cousins:)

Gates & Tausha said...

the FLOATIES!!! ahhahahha....that was the BEST part...but hey, ya..never...know. :) and i LOVE the ward party...we can never due without a paulA!!!!

Gates & Tausha said...

the FLOATIES!!! ahhahahha....that was the BEST part...but hey, ya..never...know. :) and i LOVE the ward party...we can never due without a paulA!!!!

Carca said...

What a fun party!!!!!!!