Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ages 3+

I don't always pay attention to the "suggested age" when buying toys. These building blocks are for ages 3+ but I bought them when Deacon was 6 months.
I don't buy more advanced toys because I believe they will increase his level of intelligence, mostly because I'm cheap. I skipped the newborn age toys and just let him gnaw on these. He eventually used them for their intended purpose and we have two toys for the price of one.
(It has increased his intelligence though. I mean, just look at his version of Stonehenge)

Such was my intent when I bought magnetic alphabet letters for our refridgerator. I didn't have grand ideas about Deacon spelling out "I Love Momma" anytime soon (especially since there's only one of each letter---so the closest he can ever get would be "I Luv Mo"). However, I did think that in the mean time, Nathan and I could use them to spell out amorous phrases like, "Love U"--"U R Hot"--"Hugs"--"Hottie with a Naughty Body".

Okay, so there are too many Y's and T's in that last declaration of undying love.

Instead, it's become a game of "how many words can you make up that only use a letter of the alphabet once"?


The packaging said ages 3 and up; does that includes an 8 year old trapped in a 25 year old body?

6 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

hahahaha! I LOVe that you are smart enough to buy toys to 'grow into' (I'm not that smart), but I also love that you guys are still living like you're on your honeymoon. =) you're too cute!

Mama J said...

You guys are so cute! Way to go on the older toys! Yale here he Comes!!

Jami said...

Okay, you got a LAUGH OUT LOUD on the breast.... There is also a male part that only uses one letter each and it starts with a p and ends with an s... Thank goodness Deacon can't read! HA HA.

Brenna said...

I love that most people think you mean "hugs" when you say hugs but you really mean "HUGS" which makes me laugh! I think Jana might be the only other who knows that...and anyone else who enjoys a good TV Guardian on strict control. lol

Gates & Tausha said...

ahhaha...i have nothing to say except laughter...that's funny. :)

oh, one more thing actually to say...i KINDA agree that advanced toys aren't so good on the intelligence building...i think you were kinda joking, but kinda serious, and i agree. :)

Carca said...

I loved the stonehenge.....careful, I may need to use a foul filter when reading your blog!!!!!!!