Yawn. Nathan is soooooo bored...........
"Board" Certified, that is!!
Yay! He took his national licensing exam this week and scored a 90! He was paranoid that he would get a 74 because he needed at least a 75% to pass. He has decided on Nuclear Medicine for his specialty and will start that program in August. It is one year long. This week he toured the new hospital where he will be doing his student hours for Nuke Med. They were impressed that he is already trained to start an IV on patients. Way to go N8!!!! We are proud of you!
I wanted to write down the story of how Nathan chose his career: He was majoring in Sociology when his professor offered extra credit to anyone that took the Myers-Brigg Aptitude Test (you know, that one you took in high school that told you what you should be when you grow up). His test results said his ideal career was in Radiography. He had NO idea what that was, but found out that Weber State had just been ranked first in the nation in their RT program. So, he started volunteering at the local hospital and decided that's what he wanted to do! If only it were that easy for all of us! (P.S. My top two career matches in high school were a bus driver and a nun---so it doesn't work for everyone Ü)
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Welcome To Boredom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
hahaha---you are always good for a laugh. For the record, you'd make a GREAT Nun because you're so righteous (minus the whole hubby/child thing you've got going on...oh, and the non-Catholic thing), and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my commute on a bus than with a comedic bus driver. =) MUCHO CONGRATS Nathan! We are very proud of you, way to go! I didn't know that is how he chose his future profession--too funny! I will start the countdown clock to when you will return to AZ. In fact, I think you should have one of those ticker-tape countdown things on your blog like people do when they're pregnant =). wow long comment huH?!
Aubry-
I looked at the link you left on my blog. That very question has weighed heavily on my mind and tried my faith for 18 months. 1) Thank you. 2) I love you.
WOW, Nate! His profession sounds all smart and way over my head so I'm totally in awe of him getting a 90%. Sleeping in the same bed (just dreaming) must've rubbed some of your genius off on him. Hee Hee. ;0P
And I don't remember taking that Myers-Brigg test.... I wonder what I would've been??? But it couldn't have been better than the nun or bus driver. WAY outta my leauge there. :0)
As far as my gym goes with the swimming pool, yes they do have one. As a matter of fact, they have an indoor and outdoor pool both with slides. So I can workout/do a class while my kids go in the child center and then I can take them swimming with me afterward. I can keep the kids in there for 2 hours a day and it only costs me $6 a kid for the whole month and the child center is HUGE and awesome! So check out Lifetime Fitness if you're interested in mine or just any gym that has a pool! Free place to swim after a long workout goes a long way in the summer heat! :0)
Jami, I think in high school they called it the ASVAB test and it was administered by the military to identify top recruits.
dang that test is so right on--you'd def be my favorite bus driver if you LISTENED to it's inspiration on your career!!! geez. :) CONGRATS to nathan!!! that is SOO exciting...
Good job Nathan. We are so proud of you.
Yay! Nathan, you did a great job!!!!! We are very proud of you. Hey, I want to see the new hairstyle again. Post more!!!! love you.
Awesome! Congrats Nate! & May I say Aubs that you were an excellent Bus Driver! That test had you pegged good! You & "George" took me anywhere I needed to go & I still have the pic when you dressed in the limo drivers outfit for me too! lol And again WAY TO GO NATE!
Wahoo Nate! We're so proud of you! You both deserve great things in your life including each other.
Good Job Nathan! That is awesome! One year left Aubster! Yay! I totally remember taking that test too and the only thing I remember is that it said I should be a flight attendant! haha Crazy how dead on it is! You would be an awesome bus driver girl! In fact I thought about being a bus driver before we moved to Idaho cuz I was so sick of working at Discover Card! haha
That's great! Nuclear Medicine sounds fun! One more year! YAY! Will you guys stay in Ogden when he is done? I remember hearing about how good that program was at Weber when I was there. I laughed at your dream, haha.
Congrats Nathan~! Brenna's comment cracked me up!
thanks it was fun taking pic from air plane.. lol.. and nude beach callie wont take me there lol..
Post a Comment