Thursday, May 29, 2008

Random Happenings Last Week

Random happenings and pictures of the last week or so...........

Nathan is always good about taking Deacon to the park behind our house. Here are some recent pics he took during a Rugby game they went to. You can almost see our house to the left of D's head.

Deacon discovered the kitchen utensil drawer, so now he always carries either a whisk or a spatula with him. Better wash it extra good after digging in this giant litter box.





Yay! For Mother's Day I got a new Bosch! Can you tell Nathan had help from his mom on that gift? (thanks mom!) Ü We weren't even home from AZ for 24 hours before Nathan made bread with it. I pretended to be mad for not being the first to use it; but really, I'll never complain about coming home to fresh bread from the oven.

Deacon is getting one of his back teeth, so he was very lethargic on Sunday with a fever. He wasn't cranky at all though and it was nice to have him sit still on my lap for the first hour and a half of church, I don't mind if he teethes every week! You can tell in these pics he is flushed and not very active. Really, I'm sad because he looks so pitiful : (



Last Tuesday, I waited until I got to work to call Nathan and tell him I scraped my car backing out of the garage. The first words out of his mouth were (as I heard him bounding down the stairs and ripping open the front door), "Is my motorcycle okay?" Um...yeah. And your WIFE is okay too...thanks for asking! Ü Here's Deac 'helping' him with the bike.

For youth group that night we had a Marshmallow War. I've never done it before and it was soooo fun! We had tiny PVC pipe cut into foot long strips and we shot mini-marshmallows out of them like poison dart guns. We went into the forest to do it, so it was just like real combat. Those things sting at close range!

On Wednesday Nate and I had dentist appointments. I took Deac outside and he kept going straight for the pothole in the parking lot---full of brown water. When we got home, there was a surprise in the mailbox, a $100 shopping spree to Ross. I don't enter a lot contests, but I was feeling pretty lucky after we won the Red Robin contest, so I entered both our names for this shopping spree last month and Nate won {but guess who really won...hahaha Ü}.

Saturday we had a little date night. Totally romantic, haha. Deacon & I shopped at Ross, while Nathan went to Lowes to buy a small freezer. The lady at Ross that redeemed Nathan's shopping spree said he was the last one to pick it up--but said it made sense since he was the only man that won Ü. What better way to end the post than a pic of me in one of my new outfits? Ü

15 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

TOTALLY.JELOUS.OVER.ROSS.SHOPPING.SPREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!! Way to go! Also LOVE the pic of Deacon w' the spatula--who needs beach toys when you're creative like that?! The part about Nathan's motorcycle made me laugh too. Glad it and YOU are alright. =)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

TOTALLY.CAN'T.SPELL.'JEALOUS' =)

hdawgy said...

Ok Aubrey! You said you never enter contests...I think you are lying to me! A $100 shopping spree to Ross! I am jealous! $100 can go a long way at Ross! Corban always gets into the utensil drawer too! It's so funny that they like to play with spatulas! Don't worry now that he found that drawer he's gonna start emptying it out every single day and you're gonna have to clean it up a hundred times a day too! haha So next time you enter a contest will you PLEASE email it to me so I can enter it too! PLEASE! I want to win something! After all the visiting you guys we do the least you can do is tell me about a contest so I can have a chance! haha

Paige said...

I'm with Monica--SOOOOO JEALOUS!! And come on, you couldn't have waited til I got there to spend it?? :D

Justina Selim said...

What a fun thing to win! I want a shopping spree! Love the new outfit! A new Bosch too! I am so jealous, and a husband that knows how to use it!! I don't think mine knows what a Bosch is!

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

I love the sand box toys. When we moved into this house we found multiple utensils that have been used for the same purpose. Hey do want Drew's old FireTruck toddler bed. I will send you a picture of it soon.

Mama J said...

How in the HECK are you winning these contests??? The only thing i ever won was a Barbie doll at the Pizza Hut in Kingman. But i even think that was rigged too! LUCKY YOU!!! Love the picture of the Lil. Man with his hand on his head! I feel for the kid!

Mom Gavin said...

Woo hoo, what a FUN shopping spree!
Congrats on the Bosch. It is totally worth it. I used to have a cheap version & it did NOT hold up. Joe Zumwalt told me Bosch was the only way to go & he was right.

Carca said...

SAWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miken Harding said...

You always win! You are so lucky to have Nate-he's amazing at everything, guess that's why you are a great couple two great people=one great couple!

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

The Firetruck bed is free. We will have to arrange deliver or pickup sometime. Maybe we can come up one weekend or you could come down whatever will work. Thanks for checking out my sidebar. It makes me laugh, the things that I do to keep busy while school is out aren't I productive.

Carca said...

After seeing your blog...me kids are now digging with spatulas...thanks deacon!

Jami said...

Cute necklace! Love it! And winning contests is freakin awesome! Entering your husband was pure genius! I'll have to remember that one.

And poor Deacon cutting teeth. He looks all miserable, but I too love those times when they're not feeling well and they just want to sit quietly and cuddle. Almost makes you not want to break out the Tylenol. EVIL, I know. HA HA.

Gates & Tausha said...

WHAT?! a ROSS shopping spree?!! you are SOOOO lucky!!! how FUN! i would DIE to use that much mula at once! :) i lust after that. or is it envy? whatever. :) haha...AWESOME!! lovin deacon's shovatula...and did you get your bosch while in AZ?! i work at dottie's bosch?! did i MISS YOU?!

Kendra said...

Ok so Deacon has passed the first few teeth stage, CAN U GIVE ME SOME ADVICE..

Kaleb is getting 3 all at once and he is miserable, what can i do?