Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Brenna!


24 years ago........Brenna was born! So much to say about Brenna. Hardworking, beautiful, funny, and let's not forget talented----she is an artist of several mediums. You can click here to see some of the murals she's drawn for homes and businesses. She creates awesome cakes for weddings and other events. She also likes to have fun. That last one may not seem like a "talent," but when you see some of the following pictures, you'll realize it is.

Crazy Day - October 2001


Western Day - October 2001


Western Day - 2000 Slightly grainy, but please notice the red vinyl "leather" sewn into the back of her jeans as chaps! Only Brenna can pull that off!

Brenna was born 17 months after me, so we were one grade apart in school. This was a "problem" because we often wound up with the same friends---and teenage girls/sisters can't share anything Ü. We had similar tastes in clothes too: I would often accuse her of wearing a shirt/shoes/belt of mine without permission, only to find out we had bought the exact same item from the same store.

Note: I searched EVERYWHERE for the picture of us during basketball season where we arm wrestled for the photographer, but I couldn't find it :(

When she was born, our parents were so sure they would have a boy, they even had the name picked out: Brennan Wade. But alas! It was a girl! Just for fun though, I wonder what Brenna would look like if she were a boy..................well wonder no more:

If you want to see the faux facial hair, then click the cholo to enlarge.


Geez! We need more pics together, this one is 3 years old!

12 comments:

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

Happy Birthday. Hey did you play tennis, if so I had no idea.

Justina Selim said...

Those pics are way cute! Having sister close is the best! Jess and I are 15 months apart! We get along a lot better now than we did when we were younger though! Same stuff, you stole this, you copied this, bla bla bla.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

SUCH a cute post!!! I'm linking it! You did an awesome job, i love my ginners. I seriously haven't seen HALF those photos! love it!

Miken Harding said...

Happy Birthday!!! She's so awesome!

Jami said...

What a fun birthday post! I'll have to stop on by Brenna's page and send her my wishes! :0)

Carca said...

such sweet sistas!!! Loved the photos...and the sisters!

Brenna said...

Thanks for the tribute! I didn't even know some of those pictures existed! The one of the challo is Hilar! We did that for fun one day... for a music video. Evan though I was a tom-boy when I was little I think this was Mel's idea which is no surprise now since she is batting for the other team! ha! fun times.

Mama J said...

Ahhh Happy Birthday! Do you still have the chaps?? I would really like to borrow those!

Gates & Tausha said...

happy DAY to brenna!!! shes the coolest cat in town. :)

hdawgy said...

I love the bday post for Brenners! Good job! The pics are great! I loved those days of dressing crazy!

hdawgy said...

I love the bday post for Brenners! Good job! The pics are great! I loved those days of dressing crazy!

Mom Gavin said...

Yes, Brenna is SOOOO talented. Such creativity! I don't remember some of those pix?!?! How did you get them all? You are amazing to pull the right ones for each blog (whether it be George's demise or Ginner's tribute). Although, I was there & I thought you were 19 months apart. I'm so glad you are such good friends.