Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Recap

A package came in the mail---right on Valentine's Day!! Deacon loved his card & candy (actually, he loved his card, we loved his candy).
"I choo...choo...choose you!" Thanks Grandma Gavin :)
Before he went to work, Nathan & I had a romantic lunch of southwest quiche and baked eggplant parmesan with marinara sauce.
Did I mention Nathan gave me his heart? The hospital has these pillows for patients who have had open heart surgery, one of the RNs gave one to Nate (don't worry, it was a male RN). It comes with a marker for friends to write 'get well' messages on it. Nathan wrote the cutest love note on the other side :) Yeah...I sleep with it every night now.
Nathan has been hankering for Pecan Pie for a few weeks now. (Thanks to Miken for the pecans she picked in her backyard, and thanks to Chanda for the easy & delicious recipe....and oops! I started cutting it before the picture)

5 comments:

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

Looks like fun. Hey I want the reciepe for baked eggplant.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

awwww--you guys are sooo cute! Deacon looks so happy, your lunch sounds delish, and that heart pillow is the CUTEST idea! oh, and the pie definitely looks like 'Marie Calendars' stopped by your kitchen. =)

Gates & Tausha said...

cute hearty!!! :) you pulled a simpsons aubrey...choo choo...choose you?! hahaha...and wow...REAL LIVE picked PECANS?! never heard of it...that is SOOOO COOOL and looks delish! :)

Miken Harding said...

Way to go on the pie-love the eggplant...hope it tasted good. I have never had it turn out good!

Carca said...

yummy!!!!!!!!!!!