Friday, February 1, 2008

Seventh Time's the Charm?

I need some ideas. I was recently called as the 11-year-old Achievement Day leader. We're supposed to meet twice a month and do activities to pass off goals. Today was the 6th activity I planned. Today was the 6th activity that nobody showed up for. What else should I try?
Don't these pre-pubescent teens know that I am cool?!?! :)
However, on the bright side:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Every other Friday, I get a spotless house.
Every other Friday, Nate gets all the homemade goodies he can eat.
Every other Friday...Okay, I got nothing. He's just cute to throw in.

5 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Tsk--those Utah Mormons!!! haha j/k I have an idea...put on your BEST MOM outfit that just screams "I love my kids more than fashion!", show up at their school, JUST as it's getting out. Sit on the hood of your car & wave your arms frantically while yelling their name loud enough for them and the entire student body to hear. Tell them that you will be doing this to remind them EVERY other Friday---unless they miraculously make it a habit to remember and attend on their own!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Your house looks super cute by the way--I'd like a virtual tour. Would you mind taking a few pics & posting them for me to see? Pretty please?! ;-)

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

That is so frustrating. I have no ideas maybe we can do some brain storming while you are down next week. We are excited hope you are too.

Anonymous said...

yeah! Valentines Day!! that was the first day I met Richard on the phone, the rest is history. He does remember to get me flowers. (put notes in the candy kisses, replace the kisses tissue, takes alot of time but you could do just a few.) love you

Anonymous said...

Don't get down about it....they just don't know what they are missing! Maybe a hand-delivered invitation with a promised reward for showing up? Bribery often works unfortunately. I didn't go to my first leadership/inservice for Primary. I had no real reason, just didn't know what it was all about. When they sought me out & said how much they missed me, I decided maybe I needed to go.