Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bootleggin' in Utah

The Bennett's gave us a Root Beer Kit for Christmas,
so we decided to "turn our kitchen into a soda factory"!!!
Good thing the box included sanitizer for the bottles
because Deacon loved sucking on them beforehand!
Should I be wearing a hairnet?
Mr. Rootbeer Himself:
A dark place is needed for the root beer to ferment
(Or to "age" as Nathan says).
We found the perfect place in our fancy wine cellar Ü
Check back in 5-7 days to see how it tastes!

5 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

mmmm yum share the root!!! just not the beer. :) jk...lame i know...but that looks GOO-OOD!!...and aubrey...you look SO pretty in that picture...no hair-net needed...show off those lucious locks! i need to get me a root beer kit! and just so you know...i'm sure my husband wont' wander onto your blog...i'm going to do the ad in the paper thing...(so thx) and he told me 2 days ago that his new fave candy are reeses sticks...so i'm stealin the idea from a comment on your blog and doing "reeses" why i love you (far-fetched for reasons...but whatever). and YES...jan works on wednesdays...i dont work WITH her...but i DO know her..i'll tell her hi for you?! and what...was your other question...OH...my other 1/4 time job is teaching piano/voice...at home and at a studio called Harmony House. :) tell us how the root is! i'll "root" for it. har har

Mama J said...

Yeah right Aubrey... ROOT BEER my butt! I heard about you and that Nathan boy suckin back on Grandpas old cough medicine! Can i have some?

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh, it looks like we should've invited you over for dinner when we had the missionaries as well! You could've provided the hard stuff. haha--fun idea!

Anonymous said...

OOOOhh, OOOOhh, OOOOhh does that bring back memories! My Gma H used to save glass beer bottles & we loved her homemade rootbeer & divinity. So I decided to do it: I saved the quart-size glass pop bottles from the "Pop Palace" (dad thinks it was the "Milk Palace" in Mesa. Then I bought a bottler that would crimp the caps on. I made some home-made root beer using the yeast recipe & put them in plastic crates in the corner bedroom to "ripen". A few days later we heard some kaboom noises; apparently the bottoms of the glass bottles are the weakest area, so that is what blows out when the pressure builds. It must've been some "good stuff"; All I really remember was sticky root beer all over the walls...that's a real trick to clean up.

Carca said...

sounds tasteeeeee!!!!!!!!