Monday, January 7, 2008

Caution! This Post Contains Violent Images....not for mothers, or the faint of heart!

I came home from the store last night, to find Nathan acting hysterical saying something had happened to Deacon. I came around the corner into the kitchen and this is what I saw:

My crockpot was in pieces on the floor and Deacon was bleeding from the head..... or so I thought (only after realizing my boys were playing a joke did I have the idea to grab my camera). Nathan had even gone as far as to mix food coloring with the catsup for the desired color of blood (FYI: food coloring stains skin, so this morning our son had to go to church with what looks like a newly-developed port wine stain).

Maybe Nathan was trying to get me back for when I played this same trick on him during our first week of marriage? Or maybe he was trying to distract me from the fact that Deacon broke the crockpot while he was supposed to be watching him....
He even added some 'coagulated blood' to the corner of the crockpot for good measure.

8 comments:

Miken Harding said...

Love the blood...ask nate about the time when callie wrote VAIN on carrie's forehead...saturday night so sunday morning the black marker did not come off...pretty funny!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

oh my goodness--how scary at first!!! When I realized it was a joke, I immediately thought, "Oh, that's a good way to distract from a dish being broken. It makes you actually GLAD because he's not hurt!" Nathan's a smart guy! =)

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

It sounds like Nathan should watch Deacon more carfully. Matt would never let anything like that happen while watching our children.

Gates & Tausha said...

OH...MY...GOSH! :) ahhahah...that is HILARIOUS!! (not at first I'm sure...good thing no one had a heart attack...then it wouldn't be a funny joke after all...ahhah)...but GOOD THINKIN nathan! :) you're up now aubrey for a joke BACK!

Gates & Tausha said...

oh...and yes, that's my bro "little" nick stringham! :)

Richard and Joleen said...

wow ashley has no room to talk.. its ok nathan im sure i let you fall down the stairs a couple of times when you where a baby probably miken the most though.. and callie she perfect but she pushed carrie off couches alot. lol..

Anonymous said...

too funny...Stone isvery stressed out by this...I told him it was because Deacon climbed on to the counter...and that is what happens to little boys who climb onto the counter...Stone has promised not to climb onto the counter EVER AGAIN!! Carla

Mom Gavin said...

Oh my goodness!!! Nate is quite the quick one! Very good distraction technique. Who cares about a broken dish as long as the boy is OK!?!